Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No ABS. Life without it.

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is hilarious! Let me see....I can't decide who to believe......the brake engineer who does this type of thing for a living or the self-proclaimed brainiacs who come with pearls of wisdom such as this gem:

"tell you what, you come up here next winter, you run abs, i will turn mine off.. i will bet you the title to my car, i will out stop you and have more control than you, with abs on... if we go on dry land you will win hands down.. im not an expert, i just have alot of expierence driving.. "

Wow, I just don't know.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by freds4
This thread is hilarious! Let me see....I can't decide who to believe......the brake engineer who does this type of thing for a living or the self-proclaimed brainiacs who come with pearls of wisdom such as this gem:

"tell you what, you come up here next winter, you run abs, i will turn mine off.. i will bet you the title to my car, i will out stop you and have more control than you, with abs on... if we go on dry land you will win hands down.. im not an expert, i just have alot of expierence driving.. "

Wow, I just don't know.

well lets see you do proper heel toe technique when the darn abs system decides it wants to kick in. The evo pads gripped so well in the cold the abs would kick on at 20 mph while stopping at a stop sign. we are talking very light but constant pedal pressure. I had bridgestone blizzacs on. excellent snow tire the ws50 too.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by newevo8
well lets see you do proper heel toe technique when the darn abs system decides it wants to kick in. The evo pads gripped so well in the cold the abs would kick on at 20 mph while stopping at a stop sign. we are talking very light but constant pedal pressure. I had bridgestone blizzacs on. excellent snow tire the ws50 too.
Am I to surmise from this quote that you are doing heel/toe at stop signs in Ohio in the winter?
Old May 12, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Abs On An Evo Suck In The Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Almost Hit A Deer Cause Of That Shyt!
Old May 12, 2005, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Is this your first AWD car?, let me tell you something, I owned a 91 Porsche Carrera 4( AWD), 91 Dodge Stealth R/T tWIN turbo(AWD), 03 WRX(AWD)had 2 Mitsubishis GSX's and now I drive a Evo MR(all my cars had ABS). Buying a car without ABS will make you regret for the rest of your life specially if you are planning on upgrading the car and foremost driving it in Maine with the rain, mud and snow.

The AWD is cool but not having ABS is not cool, I even have a ABS on my BMW F650GS bike and I am reiterating you that and ABS is a must.

Yeah, you can drive everyday without it, and people might think that the RS is hardcore and all that but remember whenever you hit loose gravel, a puddle, a corner to tight, snow or simply swerving becauise of a deer in the middle of the road .

I talked to a guy yesterday which hit a deer with his Kawasaki KLR650 on a dirt road at night doing almost 60mph . Hetold me that the impact could have been preventable had he have ABS.

No doubth man, don't rush, get yourself the EVO8 instead. Insurance will also drop with the ABS

my .50c
the 91 carrera 4 is a hell of a car aint it? i have one of those.. good times id like to see that and the evo on the track (we all know who the winner would be) but i would still like to see it