Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

pleased with new Evo

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up pleased with new Evo

I just got my MR the Other day.... to start the ride is almost night and day difference from my '03, very smooth, corners like a rail, and i love the 6 speed. I haven't got on it yet because i only have 365 miles on the car. but i plane on completing break in by saturday. and then i will be installing 3" turbo back w/ cat delet, HKS RS intake, E-01 EBC, walbro 255, and SARD FPR. can't wait to feel the power once again of the EVO.

Ryan
Old May 12, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

bilstin shock makes huge difference? are they using same spring ? but different shocks?
Old May 12, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Not completely sure on the suspension questions but i do know it rides and handles that much better
Old May 12, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

i should'nt handle better (maybe a tad bit, not much).
Old May 12, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
I just got my MR the Other day.... to start the ride is almost night and day difference from my '03, very smooth, corners like a rail, and i love the 6 speed. I haven't got on it yet because i only have 365 miles on the car. but i plane on completing break in by saturday. and then i will be installing 3" turbo back w/ cat delet, HKS RS intake, E-01 EBC, walbro 255, and SARD FPR. can't wait to feel the power once again of the EVO.
Do you plan on utilizing the stock boost gauge for boost monitoring?

What's the point of the FPR with basic mods? Is it in preparation for future mods, or is it useful with just the basic bolt-ons?

Lastly, is the awesome '05 and free 3-yr maintenance not attractive enough to keep you from doing the mods that are likely to give you major warranty claim headaches (dp/cat delete/ebc)? Just curious as a fellow MR owner who hopes to make full use of the warranty, but while doing acceptable mods (or ones that I can quickly and easily put back to stock before going to the dealer).
Old May 12, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on the upgrade
Old May 12, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

i have an autometer boost gauge to monitor boost, i don't plane on keeping the warranty! in the next month i will be putting on an AEM EMS. An After market FPR is usefull if you are running higher than stock boost levels with a Walbro, other wise you run really rich because of the walbro out powering the stock FPR
Old May 12, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

I agree! I drove a MR few nights ago and wow it's like a different car! And it was all stock too!

I immediately felt the torque, no waiting! And the ride was so comfy and supple. It was super smmmmoooooooooth! Made my RS felt like a pos, that's before the Zeals.

The shifter was kick **** too!!!

NIce buy! Almost make wanta get one too....
Old May 12, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spyderx
I agree! I drove a MR few nights ago and wow it's like a different car! And it was all stock too!

I immediately felt the torque, no waiting! And the ride was so comfy and supple. It was super smmmmoooooooooth! Made my RS felt like a pos, that's before the Zeals.

The shifter was kick **** too!!!

NIce buy! Almost make wanta get one too....
Thanks
Old May 12, 2005, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
So wait, do we still get free maintenance? I'm confused. I thought the free oil changes and such weren't in effect anymore.

And yes, the MR is super smooth. My glass rattles though, goin' to take that in this weekend for the TSB.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atlvalet
So wait, do we still get free maintenance? I'm confused. I thought the free oil changes and such weren't in effect anymore.

And yes, the MR is super smooth. My glass rattles though, goin' to take that in this weekend for the TSB.
Yes, you get it if you bought it during the promotion. You may get it regardless, but I'm not sure about that. I bought mine when it came off the truck in October, and I definitely get the free maintenance. I went in for my first service at 4300miles, and they did the 5k service free along with the windshield rattle TSB. My next 8 services are free up until 3 years or 45k miles. Call your service dept and have them pull up your car to see if you have it...they should have a schedule for all of your upcoming services.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

they didn't offer the free service b/c i just missed the promotion
Old May 12, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

It definitely is a lot smoother ride than the '03, especially on the smaller rigid bumps on highways.

Thanks for the ride Nez...we'll have to go again when you get all of your stuff put back on!!!
Old May 12, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

i kinda like the rigidness...haha