Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Mobil1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by devo23
2 words royal purple
I have changed all the difs, transfer, and tranny to royal purple gear oils. They do have excellent products. If I ever have a reason to switch from Mobil 1, that would be my next choice. My Dad has been experimenting with Mobil one products the last couple years, and I'm a true believer. He puts 3000 miles a month on his trucks he currently driving a 2000 Toyota Tundra with 250,000 miles on it. Its had Mobil 1 10/30 since the first oil change and at 7K intervals.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Volunteer
My Dad works for them, I can second that. I have been using the regular 10w 30 and going 4K oil change interval. I tried the extended 15K 10w 30 and after 4K miles it looked as if it broke down (heat) much more. I just ordered some special 0w-30 Mobil 1 Racing specifically for turbo and supercharged vehicles to try it out. It comes highly reccomended by a variety of race teams that are using it. At 10bucks a quart it should be.

Let me know how that oil works for you! I'm always looking at new things!
Old May 12, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Redcloud
Let me know how that oil works for you! I'm always looking at new things!
Here is the link for those interested. http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...cing_0W-30.asp

I will most likely order a bulk shipment of it. I can't get anyone in state to get it for me. If it works really well may offer to distribute it, I have a couple people interested locally. I want to test it myself before I decide wether its worth the money.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

i've wondered if royal purple was worth the hype. its sold around here alot.
Old May 12, 2005, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HorinayHotiness
I just get a large bottle of Mazola Corn oil, and pour some of it into the engine every 5 to 10k.

$hit... I use olive oil is that bad.. its extra virgin
Old May 12, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by devo23
2 words royal purple
word... royal purple like a m**** f****

AMSoil is good stuff too... and who cares if dealerships use Mobil 1 cause it's the cheapest in bulk to them... if Wolf's Head made synthetic, they'd use that to save some more bucks the cheap bastages...
Old May 12, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

This has been covered already in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=127592

And refer to my post in that thread, post #13, as to why you should not use the extended life mobil 1 in your car...

- Steve
Old May 12, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
look, all they are saying on the back of the bottle is that it is not for high stress engines. There is nothing wrong with using the EP oils. It just that they will hold up a bit longer than your standard mobil 1. The EP oils have a much beefier additive package as opposed to standard mobil 1.

IMO, you would have to be silly to run ANY oil, extended drain or not, on a high heat, high stress, turbocharged engine. Even AMSoil says that. They normally say "Three times your manufactures recommended drain interval." I'm sure that you could do the same with mobil EP.

This is a good page for mobil 1 oils to compare the different types:
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/...;f=11;t=000305

Just get your facts straight before you post nonsense.
Old May 13, 2005, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SuperHatch

And refer to my post in that thread, post #13, as to why you should not use the extended life mobil 1 in your car...

- Steve
Yeah, I saw it. Wasn't sure if it was the same product mentioned. I did read the back of the bottle, and I couldn't find a sentence that state "don't use in turbo-charged engines". I was more intrigued when the link on my initial post broke down why the extended performance is better than the standard Mobil1.
Old May 13, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

I got the new mobil oils mixed up, and it's my mistake. The bottle I read that on was the Mobil 7500, not the EP. The EP should be fine in out cars, it's the 7500 and 5000 that won't be.

- Steve
Old May 13, 2005, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Redcloud

I don't sell the ****! I just want the best in my EVO! BTW I have 90K on my 03 EVO, have ZERO issues and I'm still on the stock clutch!

Thanks for statements like that... tired of hearing "I have 2 miles on my car, and the clutch gave out after only 5 7000RPM Dumps... oh and I'm a dumbass..." If you are a car person and know how to drive, this car is great!

Peace
Old Jan 4, 2006, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

- Steve
Found that on their site:

" Mobil 1 Extended Performance engine oils are recommended for all types of modern vehicles, including high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline multi-valve fuel injected engines found in passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks. "

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...erformance.asp
Old Jan 4, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HxllxMan
Found that on their site:

" Mobil 1 Extended Performance engine oils are recommended for all types of modern vehicles, including high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline multi-valve fuel injected engines found in passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks. "

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lub...erformance.asp

You should have read what I said 3 posts below that...

I got the new mobil oils mixed up, and it's my mistake. The bottle I read that on was the Mobil 7500, not the EP. The EP should be fine in out cars, it's the 7500 and 5000 that won't be.

- Steve
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

LoL sorry didn't read the whole topic... my bad .

Last edited by HxllxMan; Jan 4, 2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Amsoil is the best, Royal Purple right there also. Mobil 1 is not a true, full synthetic....but lets look at it this way...

Imagine going squirrle hunting, and having a choice between the .50 caliber sniper rifle, the shotgun with sabot-slugs in the pipe or the 357 magnum handgun. All are going to make sure that squirrel never is in one piece again...some more than others....ALL of them are overkill in a streetcar. Mobil 1 is the easiest to access, its endorsed by mistubishi and it works very well. Anything more and you might be a bit picky. Is that bad, not at all! neither is using the recomended oil either.

Quick Reply: New Mobil1 Extended Performance Synthetic Oil