Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Isnt the SRT-4 sort of a long lost brother of the Evo?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ EXACTLY

It is a NEON plain and simple. A FWD NEON. come on people!
Old May 13, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by damien ramirez
Maybe a little sister with retard strength, j/k lol

+1
Old May 13, 2005, 10:50 AM
Account Disabled

I don't mean to bassshhhh on anyone here, but this is what I think. I owned American and European cars. All of my friends only drive cars from Japan. I owned Deville, Pontiac GTP, Chevy and Ford. Each car was good for about a year. After that they sounded like a bunch of cans. The Deville felt really bad and unstable specially at high speeds. When I went over to the European side, my first car was a S60 T5. The change was night and day difference from the American cars. The S60 T5 has amazing mid range speed. I easily walked STIs, Camaro....etc... The comfort in the car was better than any other car I have ever sat in, EVER!!!... Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, BMW does not even come close to the comfort I had in that car. I put 80,000 miles on the car in two years. I went on trips almost every month. The car had not even one problem. NOW!!!!

I don't have any more cars.... I bought only one car for my wife EVO VIII. Now I am waiting for the EVO IX to come out. I really don't care who is going to drive what car since we are married and we share , but I want to tell you all. I have been through life and I seen many cars and owned lots of cars and drove lots of cars, but none where even close to the EVO. I would never ever compare this car to the SRT-4. I went and test drove the car and I was not impressed; Really. The car seats are really stupid fell, the car handles like rubish and the car looks Hidious. If anyone that I know would see me in that car would turn their back on me or set my car on fire. I remember when the Eclipse came out with Talon and everyone said that they have an Eclipse engine in the Talon. I did not even arguee with them, they found out the truth in a short time. Just the built of Dodge is so bad that I cannot even describe. In Europe when we see Dodge is a miracle. It's even viewed worse then Kia. I can go on forever about Dodge and American cars but I am going to stop right here because I probably bored you guys out. Everyone who owns a EVO is the luckiest person in the world to be able to own a Supercar for $30,000. By the way I just came back from Europe and the cheapest EVO VIII that I seen in my City went for $45,000.

Think about the cars you guys own...... "EVO is viewed as high as Ferarri."
Please stop comparing this car to Neon.... It's just not fair...
Old May 13, 2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
I was thinking abotu this the other day, i remember the regular Neon has a 420a chrysler engine and so does the regular 2G NA Eclipses. Dodge-Chrysler-Mitsu have a tie somehow making the SRT-4 kind of in the bloodline of the MItsu family which includes the Evo? Dodge Stealth-Mitsu 3kGT, Neon-same motor as NA Eclipse, then Evo came out, then Dodge brought out a turbo car of their own
We dont like to talk about our ties with SLOWPAR!! hehe

I guess you could say there is some linking with em'.. with the DSM's and all. I know that Neon's come in a 2.0l R/T.. not sure if it's and equivilend Mitsu block

but .. =sigh= it might be
Old May 13, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If my EVO was cut from the same cloth as that retarded SRT-4, I would drive her straight into a wall.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cajun Power
Don't be supprised if the EVO X is the Dodge Neon Evolution X. Mitsu is broke and dodge is one of the few companies that may bail them out. Who knows, there may even be a Hemi Evo in the future.

Actually, Mitsu is going to stop making cars and move into bikes, since it is the only thing they don't do. All the cash infusions they get from Mitsubishi Heavy, Mitsubishi Bank of Tokyo, and Mitsubishi Corp aren't enough, so they are going to go into business making Hemi sport bikes.

But seriously, you are so far off it is rediculous. The Mitsubishi companies have way more cash, and DCX isn't even in the picture as far as control or financing of the car. There will be no Dodge Evo Hemi, come back to reality.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:04 AM

Update:

just spoke to my brother who deals with Crysler at his job (He designes wireing harness for the new Dodges and stuff)

and he said that the NEW neon's will share simularities with Mitsu's because the new Neon will be built on the new DSM platforms since Mitsu/Dodge are finishing te DSM contracts.

rumors but he's ususaly on the ball. (and this is for the all of you who did not hear this news)

e.b.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

I really don't care what happens unless Mitsubishi sell out the EVO to Neon.... I will be the most dissapointed human on earth....
Old May 13, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is old news. Mitsu developed a small platform for Chrysler to use. Mitsu is part of the world engine program with DCX and Hyundai. They were going to develop a midsize and full size platform together, but relations broke down and those plans are off. So now you'll have the net generation of small Mitus and Chryslers being very similar. The Neon is being replaced by a sporty wagon/PT Loser style vehicle called the Caliber. Maybe in an alternate universe it will be AWD and turbo.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
That's true Horinay, but Saab and Audi didn't make the turbo popular, it was still a rare thing, until the Eclipse/Talon, I can't really think of any common turbo vehicles. Plus, the Saabs and Audis generally use LPTs.
Conquest TSI was turbo.. there was also a Daytona that was turbo.. both of these were out before the 1g dsm (I think)
Old May 13, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by justchil
Conquest TSI was turbo.. there was also a Daytona that was turbo.. both of these were out before the 1g dsm (I think)
He said no turbo'd cars that were COMMON. Come on, people, he wasn't saying there were no turbo cars. The Conquest was ANYTHING but common...they were very rare.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
Account Disabled

Chrysler Lebaron
Old May 13, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

I've seen about 5 conquest around here.. sorry if that's not common..

Speaking of common.. these srt4 useless threads are pretty common now days.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by justchil
Speaking of common.. these srt4 useless threads are pretty common now days.
That is what I said. I view this that same way like if some young kids (13 years old) would like to compare their selfs with MJ and challenge him to a one on one. Same thing here. All the Magazines compare the Evo with cars that are well over $170,000 and the same Magazines compare the SRT-4 to Cobalt SS, 1950s' Hondas' (joke hahaha), Saturn. Lets get real people..... Please stop feeding these kids that come and post crap about the SRT-4 here. We don't need to go down to their level.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

I seen alot of conquest around in 80's as the sister car starion, but to say I think Buick made the turbo famous the car was the Grand National..... : )

Quick Reply: Isnt the SRT-4 sort of a long lost brother of the Evo?