Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Hit a dead deer with the EVO - need help!

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit a dead deer with the EVO - need help!

Well coming home from a friends house on Thursday night I was traveling south on the GSP at about 3:30am. I was just enjoying having the road all to myself. Before I could even react, around the bend there was a dead deer (bambi's dad) right in front me. I slammed the thing head on and my car launched up and came down and I heard noise under the car, I immediately got out to see the damage but it was so dark I could see nothing. Luckily I had my flashlight with me in the trunk so I got it, picked the deer's limbs out from the front of the car and ripped off one of the undertrays that was hanging near the wheel. I was so pissed I felt like just killing that damn deer's relatives.

After some hardcore profanity I got back in the car and just drove home. I was about 18 miles from my house. I got home, washed the blood off my hands from the deer and went to bed. Yesterday I woke up early, put the car up and cleaned the underside of the car for 5-6 hours. TONS of guts, skin and fur everywhere. Disgusting. I was really impressed with how little damage was actually done. The front mount took the brunt of the accident.

I dont have any pics of the car after the intial accident however I found my camera halfway through and snapped some photos. I took off the front bumper, the lip was hanging off, I took off the front mount to inspect and I took out the grille which was mangled in front of the FMIC. I then put it all back together, it doesnt look tooooo bad but the IC is severely damaged and leaking so I have to be careful.

I ordered all new undertrays and a new front grille yesterday from Mitsu. I also ordered a new Buschur Deluxe FMIC.

***I NEED SOMEONE TO SELL ME THEIR STOCK FRONT LIP****

Every place I called its a 5-6 week wait for bumper and lip. I figure I can re-use the front bumper, as you can see from the pic, its only cracked in one place and its not bad at all. So if anyone with a Do-luck or something has their stock one PLEASE sell it to me!!!!!

Finished product after removing all really broken stuff (lip, grille, undertrays) and deer hair, guts and blood.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; May 14, 2005 at 10:44 AM.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Damn! i cant see the pictures... That SUCKS!...Did you have your seatbelt on? that must have been a tremendous impact if your cars rear left the ground. Least your alright man.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by electricevo
Damn! i cant see the pictures... That SUCKS!...Did you have your seatbelt on? that must have been a tremendous impact if your cars rear left the ground. Least your alright man.
Yes I always have my seatbelt on. The impact wasnt that bad, it was like a big speedbump on the right side but the car drives 100%, only thing bent is the lower tie bar.
Old May 14, 2005, 10:51 AM

Why take it out on the poor deer relatives. You should be more pissed at the ******* that actually left the deer on the road. Arent you supposed to drag em off to the side atleast.(Joke about the first part)

Sorry though bout ur car. No paint damage or anything done to the e-blue?
Old May 14, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STiSchucky
Why take it out on the poor deer relatives. You should be more pissed at the ******* that actually left the deer on the road. Arent you supposed to drag em off to the side atleast.(Joke about the first part)

Sorry though bout ur car. No paint damage or anything done to the e-blue?
Pics will be up in an hour.

Yeah I was pissed about that. I mean the thing was in the middle lane! Someone could have at least called a state trooper or something. Sucks. Very slight paint damage to the front bumper. Although, when i do find a new lip, Ill have the bumper and lip repainted.
Old May 14, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old May 14, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

i have a white stock lip, pm me an offer.
Old May 14, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Let me guess...you can afford a 30K car but not insurance! This is covered on my insurance with no deductable. I have state farm.
Old May 14, 2005, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Redcloud
Let me guess...you can afford a 30K car but not insurance! This is covered on my insurance with no deductable. I have state farm.
That's what I'm talking about. Why not just call your insurance company? This is why we have insurance.
Old May 15, 2005, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also, the factory front mount cost the same as the Buschur Delux FMIC, so most shops don't care where you get the parts as long as the prices match they are happy to take the insurance money. My insurance company paid for my Buschur FMIC when I had front end damage to my car, and paid for my JDM MR tail lights for the rear end damage since they were cheaper than the stock jewl style tail lights.

Keith
Old May 15, 2005, 04:31 AM
Evolved Member

reasson he didn't call insurance i the same reason i didn't,single car accisents raise your insurance. if the bumper is warped, take out the metal reinforcements. i did that. also if any of the front screw holders got torn out of the front lip/bumper part, you might as well get a new bumper as well. undertray is expensive. try and salvage whatever parts you can on the tray- 3 pieces w/ the main one over a hundred bucks!. also you will need all those little fastners as well!
Old May 15, 2005, 06:07 AM

If you hit a deer, its not the driver's error. Your insurance will not go up. You might have to pay the deductable, but thats a bout it. No increase in your steps. It's nobody's fault
Old May 15, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah dude! Call up your agent and get the evo fixed proper! You're going to dick around and get yourself killed by removing safty features put the for your protection!
Old May 15, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys I worked like 20+ hours this weekend and havent been able to respond. Im going to call my insurance tomorrow and see if they will cover it without my rates going up. If so, thatd be awesome. I mean technically, they should pay for it but we'll see. AllState is cool sometimes and they usually pay out, but I wont have them pay if my rates will go up.

Yeah the stock FMIC is the same exact price as the Buschur. If they can pay for it, it would be of benefit to me! Thanks for the all the responses and ideas, I appreciate it!

Tom
Old May 15, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

i love it when you benefit from something gone wrong. good luck!

Quick Reply: Hit a dead deer with the EVO - need help!