Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Spoiler Question

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rice, define rice...last i checked all of our cars are made over by the rice patties. all of the cars are rice, to single out a part and say its rice is dumb when your talking about a jap car from the start.
Old May 17, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

If you decide to make your stallion look like a gelding, not to worry. The wings sell for a good price, enough to pay for a body shop to redo a trunk lid. I asked the dealer to remove the wing and reduce the price on the car. In the end, I was given $500 off and told I could keep the wing. Since then, I have learned to live with the "boy racer" image the wing imparts. Looking around, there are lots of interesting wings (and probably usless) on trucks, retro personal transport cruisers, and others. These are wanna bee's while the Evo is a world class speeder.

For those who are too young to remember, BMW's 1973 CSL used a wing very similar in size to Evo's. No one laughed at the "batmoblie" as it dominated it's class on the track (only Ford could compete with it). Like the CSL, Evo backs up the statement it's looks make.

Last edited by WildRice; May 17, 2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old May 17, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
its an opinion. i think the big wing is overkill. the car is only a month and a half old, the lights will go soon enough, i agree they are ricey.
Wait... you thought the factory wing, which actually produces downforce, was rice... so you replaced it with a non-funtional one?
Old May 17, 2005, 09:30 AM

Well.. thanks for the pic.
Th car looks much cleaner and more adult with the spoiler on it.
The wing certainly looks to gaudy for me on a car thats got such sexy lines to it. Im not into the Fast and Furious look, it doesnt provide any function on the street or at most autocross tracks. Youd only get the d-force from some real long straightaways.
Old May 17, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhosEVO
I understand some ppl don't like the attention from the high wing but how can someone said the EVO CF wing is rice? That's OEM part. I don't think the wing make the car become rice.......since the car is already a rice-car from the factory ( and 5x more rice after that F&F movie)

btw...would you say a GT3 is rice because of that U shape spoiler? what about a Supra...it's wings is almost taller than the roof line
yeah. im not a fan of huge wings, as i said before, thats just me...
Old May 17, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo-Jer
Well.. thanks for the pic.
Th car looks much cleaner and more adult with the spoiler on it.
The wing certainly looks to gaudy for me on a car thats got such sexy lines to it. Im not into the Fast and Furious look, it doesnt provide any function on the street or at most autocross tracks. Youd only get the d-force from some real long straightaways.
thanks... i definately thing the huge wing makes the whole car look smaller, i think wingless or a small wing is much more proportional...
Old May 17, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Some of the agruments for the high wing kill me.

You are not going to see a radical difference in high speed handling between the two wings. Period! I could drive my car with no wing at a high speed and the car will still handle well.

The EVO high wing is there to invoke the look of rally racing. The wing on a Monte Carlo invokes a nascar look. If I like formula 1 racing, should I change my EVO to be an open cockpit car?

I have both wings. The small wing had the center foot removed. I can swap wings at will. I don't feel a difference in high speed handling. What difference I do see is how police and young kids react to the car. The wing makes a big difference in how the car is viewed. I personally like it a bit more stealthy, so I usually use the small wing.

I should bolt the small wing to the big wing and have the ultimate double rear wing!!!!!
Old May 17, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

See threads on people with RS's wondering why their car feels unstable at 95+ and then laugh
Old May 17, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jimmyv65
Some of the agruments for the high wing kill me.

You are not going to see a radical difference in high speed handling between the two wings. Period! I could drive my car with no wing at a high speed and the car will still handle well.

The EVO high wing is there to invoke the look of rally racing. The wing on a Monte Carlo invokes a nascar look. If I like formula 1 racing, should I change my EVO to be an open cockpit car?

I have both wings. The small wing had the center foot removed. I can swap wings at will. I don't feel a difference in high speed handling. What difference I do see is how police and young kids react to the car. The wing makes a big difference in how the car is viewed. I personally like it a bit more stealthy, so I usually use the small wing.

I should bolt the small wing to the big wing and have the ultimate double rear wing!!!!!
You're right, I hate those stupid ricer wings! Why do they put those ugly $50 carbon fiber wings on awesome race cars all the time?! They must be trying to make racing more appealing to the ricer crowd (you know, like hockey making throwback jerseys to appeal to blacks, uh...African-Americans).
Old May 17, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Here's some rice for you
Old May 17, 2005, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the cf wing makes the evo look like a Subaru. the gt spoiler is pure mitsubishi evo. look at the wicker, thats the evo 1-6 look right there. if you don't know what a wicker is then you should refrain from disclosing your ignorance.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Rice, define rice...last i checked all of our cars are made over by the rice patties. all of the cars are rice, to single out a part and say its rice is dumb when your talking about a jap car from the start.
Calling a part "rice" doesn't refer to geographical location you ignorant fool