Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Spoiler Question

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2005, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler Question

Hey everyone,

I am looking at buying a spoiler for my EVO, (tired of the way too tall CF wing)
I like one from a company called Erebuni. (A place called andys autosport carries them online) It looks like the 05 OZ style spoiler, no center piece. Its made for 02 and up Lancers. Does anyone have a Erebuni spoilers? Is it any good? Has anyone ordered from andys autosport before?

Wanted to get the lancer community opinions.. lots of good info here =)
Old May 16, 2005, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

i have the stock lancer spoiler, i like it, the CF wing is pure rice, heres a pic:

Old May 16, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pure rice? lol i guess it depends on ur definition of rice last time i said anything about a car being rice most of them dont have 400HP + lol

evoisdream
Old May 16, 2005, 12:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. SS
i have the stock lancer spoiler, i like it, the CF wing is pure rice, heres a pic:

If anything is "ricey," it's those damn Altezza lights. I see you've kept them, though
Old May 16, 2005, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

I don't consider any OE equipment "rice", but I can also understand the desire to draw less attention to yourself.
Old May 16, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Evos just dont look right with small wings. I know Kaminari makes a smaller aftermarket wing. Have you seen APR or anything like taht either? Personally i like the CF wing it comes with but thats me.
Old May 16, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoisdream
Pure rice? lol i guess it depends on ur definition of rice last time i said anything about a car being rice most of them dont have 400HP + lol

evoisdream
LOL agree
Old May 16, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Uhm "rice." The only thing that can possibly considered that on the EVO are the tails. The wing went through the tests in the wind tunnel and actually serves a purpose. Ergo not rice. In my opinion though its either got to be wing or wingless. Cant stand the tiny wing on the trunk.
Old May 16, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

i agree it serves a purpose also agree the taillights are trash lol got rid of mine like a week in..... and the tiny wings i think are gross also personally if i could i would rock a CF wingless trunk... i love that look but i dont have the 500+ for a trunk
Old May 16, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

While I generally prefer a lower-profile car, I think that the ridiculously large wing is part of the whole image/personality of the Evo. Using the smaller wing somehow detracts from that image for me. However, different people want different things. I doubt that the wing actually generates enough downforce to make a difference so if you like your car with a small wing or with no wing, more power to you...
Old May 16, 2005, 05:10 PM

losing traction at high speed bad, therefore big vision blocking wing good. unless you actually want to see the cop behind you before he hits the lights.
Old May 16, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I think the big wing is like a signature piece on the Evo. Too me it's part of the look, and i wouldn't want it any other way.

I actually saw an Orange Mazdaspeed Protoge, with a carbon fiber hood, and a body kit and he actually had an OEM Evo spoiler painted orange on the sides to match. I pulled up next to him and i could hear that he had a BOV, and there was one guage on his A pillar. I told him that he had a little essance of Evo in his car, then i down shifted and left him in the next county. Now that's rice!!!!

Spoiler or No Spoiler, you still have a monster of a car and enjoy it!
Old May 16, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
If anything is "ricey," it's those damn Altezza lights. I see you've kept them, though
its an opinion. i think the big wing is overkill. the car is only a month and a half old, the lights will go soon enough, i agree they are ricey.
Old May 17, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pete3kGT
I think the big wing is like a signature piece on the Evo. Too me it's part of the look, and i wouldn't want it any other way.
Right. It's like Pam Anderson's breasts. Yeah, they're ridiculously oversized, but they represent her, she wouldn't look right without them, and technically they serve an actual purpose
Old May 17, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I understand some ppl don't like the attention from the high wing but how can someone said the EVO CF wing is rice? That's OEM part. I don't think the wing make the car become rice.......since the car is already a rice-car from the factory ( and 5x more rice after that F&F movie)

btw...would you say a GT3 is rice because of that U shape spoiler? what about a Supra...it's wings is almost taller than the roof line