Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does anyone no where to buy imported Evo's in the U.S. ??????

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=
Rally teams import their rally cars in as parts but then it all depends on how you get it pass inspection

Good luck![/QUOTE]
actually they do not! they front customs a hefty deposit and then on return to the docks for export they are given their fronts back!
Old May 17, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philippine_evos
Definitely not. My Evo 6 before was an original LHD RS2 model, sold to me by a Mitsubishi dealer here in the Philippines. Got it brand new.
That's the RS-2 model. I was speaking of the GSR and RS. I don't see many pics of RS-2s, though (except Evo VII RS-2s).
Old May 17, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by astrocreep96
For Motorex to import Skylines, they had the give the federales 4 of them to destroy first (for crash testing), so I wouldn't think many people will be shelling out the money for that anytime soon.
Motorex didn't legalize any cars. They lied about everything.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philippine_evos
I think you just need to find a way to legalize the car. Once yo do, message me so I can make necessary arrangements on our end.
If he can figure out a way that doesnt require spending 4k-6k in unnecessary labor give me a shout and well run a 2for1 special and I can bring mine back
Old May 17, 2005, 10:34 PM
Account Disabled

I want that silver Evo VI really bad. Its probably a huge hassel to do this though. I wonder what my US spec RS would get on trade in down there.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

WOW that just seems like too much work for a used car. Surf Ebay one pops up everynow and then
Old May 18, 2005, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmaga123
I want that silver Evo VI really bad. Its probably a huge hassel to do this though. I wonder what my US spec RS would get on trade in down there.
We had orders of Evo VIII RS original LHD models from Japan, 4 units. Each sold for 1.8m Philippine pesos. It still had its wing except for its steel rims and was only available in white. Our local Mitsubishi dealer sold the JDM RS for quite a higher price. Never encountered yet a USDM RS.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
Motorex didn't legalize any cars. They lied about everything.
wtf?, what are you talking about, they are even on the fedral list of registered importers. what exactly did they lie about?

i did see a VI on ebay a couple of weeks ago, said it was 'legal', but no worth the hassle IMO. if i was to buy anything 'imported', it would be either a skyline, a cosworth, or a pulsar gti-r.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:35 AM

Moter X is out of buisness
Old May 18, 2005, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoimport6
Moter X is out of buisness
So I guess it is bye bye to the Skylines for the US or does RB Motoring also import them?
Old May 18, 2005, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrbkkt1
wtf?, what are you talking about, they are even on the fedral list of registered importers. what exactly did they lie about?

i did see a VI on ebay a couple of weeks ago, said it was 'legal', but no worth the hassle IMO. if i was to buy anything 'imported', it would be either a skyline, a cosworth, or a pulsar gti-r.

motorex cheated the system. they crashed a couple of junk nissans and passed them off as skylines... maybe a junky 240 or a maxima. they found someone in the loophole and got their way with the importer, or bribed someone. somehow, they sold their list's worth and made their loot. no, they can no longer import any skylines, nor can they even import coffee! sadness...
Old May 18, 2005, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

The owner of Autoplus got a Skyline and had it converted to LHD at Skyline Motors LLC in California. After which, they closed down. Then Motorex closed down. Is the US getting stricter with importing Skylines? I was planning to get a GTR when I go there.
Old May 18, 2005, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I'm pretty sure they only made RHD Evo VIs.
IIRC, LHD Evos (including the VI) were sold in Germany. Motor Trend test drove a T.M.E. that Mitsubishi brought from Germany for demonstration purposes (back when the T.M.E. first came out).
Old May 18, 2005, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andrew20195
IIRC, LHD Evos (including the VI) were sold in Germany. Motor Trend test drove a T.M.E. that Mitsubishi brought from Germany for demonstration purposes (back when the T.M.E. first came out).
They were sold also in the Philippines

Old May 18, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

I think RB Motoring is still importing the Skylines

Quick Reply: Does anyone no where to buy imported Evo's in the U.S. ??????