Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

new to mitsubitshi

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well, whatever, it's your money to waste. If your mind is made up, don't ask for advice...I just wasted my time answering your questions for naught.
i appreciate your advice and i don't mean to be a smart ***. i'm not look for just top end power, i want a broader power band with more under the curve power and tubular mani and BB turbo would increase low end if you stay with a small turbo. i'm used to having instant power when i hit the gas coming from NA hondas, even with my 300 whp 1.6L boosted honda there wasn't that much lag. and if i can make 350whp with minimal boost vs. 25+ psi, that would be better for engine longevity.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by honda-guy
i appreciate your advice and i don't mean to be a smart ***. i'm not look for just top end power, i want a broader power band with more under the curve power and tubular mani and BB turbo would increase low end if you stay with a small turbo. i'm used to having instant power when i hit the gas coming from NA hondas, even with my 300 whp 1.6L boosted honda there wasn't that much lag. and if i can make 350whp with minimal boost vs. 25+ psi, that would be better for engine longevity.
That's exactly the purpose of the stock turbo and is what we've been trying to tell you. It is NOT made for top end and makes WONDERFUL torque due to how early in the RPMs it provides boost. You can get your 350whp without going over 25psi, because the stock turbo doesn't even FLOW well above 24psi. You can also go with 264/264 cams that are designed more for torque than outright hp, since you seem to prefer that route.

Last edited by Warrtalon; May 17, 2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
get some cams for the low end torque.
I think the turbo spools fairly quickly considering how much boost we push. You're wasting money to get another small ball bearing turbo. Just learn how to drive the car instead of trying to make it drive like a HONDA. Good choice with the EVO.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
sounds good, i'm going to put cams and cam gears first on my list. thanks for the help.