Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Will warranty cover this?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will warranty cover this?

Hey guys… just wondering if Mitsu will cover this….

My car is stock (except for a TT), I have 11k on it… I just notice that only ONE of my 4 tires are all wore out…. I don’t do hard corning and I don’t track my car… I know the Advan 046 is very soft and they wear out very quickly…. But isn’t it weird that only ONE tire is all wore out? I have a friend who is a mechanic and he suggested that my car’s alignment is off, therefore it cause this…. And within the 11k, I took the car back for tire balancing twice, and re-surface the rotor once… and my friend suggested all along my car has alignment problem which caused all this…. Do you think I can fight for a new tire??? Or they will just say because of my driving that caused this? btw, i live in so.cal

Thanks!
Old May 17, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

i would strongly doubt it, but try it anyway. if you have 11k on the tires already, you cant just replace one anyway, or even two most likely. you need 4 new ones. just my .02.
Old May 17, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

yup, alignment problem. Most evos I know had off alignment from the start.

If you service your car at the dealer, they should have noticed this since they should have been rotating the tires. If this is true, you may have a case. Otherwise, I'm sure they won't. (Unless you bought that other warranty when you signed on the dotted line.)
Old May 17, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Couldn't do a thing with the tire...but if the camber or something else is causing it, that should be covered.
Old May 17, 2005, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

unless they find a defect in the suspension... no..
Old May 17, 2005, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ummm, this is a hard one ... they may cover this (being too optimistic) because your alignment being out of wack caused this .... most people on the forum have usually worn-out their tires anywhere from 10K miles on .... honestly I think it will be hard to get them to cover this because it is a wear item covered by limited warranty and you may already be over that limit ...
Old May 17, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
it is a wear item covered by limited warranty and you may already be over that limit ...
they once told me that limited warranty is only cover to 1year/12000miles... i have like 11930miles right now... and i can still make a trip to the dealership... so most EVOs have alignment problems? do they perform alignment at the dealership too?
Old May 17, 2005, 10:20 AM

Quit asking questions here and go to the dealership!
Old May 17, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

I'd push it (with the dealer) as far as it can go. If you indeed have a suspension issue then you wanna know now, nevermind how long it's under warranty.

Especially when it involves a $307 tire (what the dealer charges, price stated just for effect )

My evo needed re-alignment as well. I noticed when I had my car in the air at 3,000 miles for a tire rotation... they started wearing scalloped.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
yup, alignment problem. Most evos I know had off alignment from the start.

If you service your car at the dealer, they should have noticed this since they should have been rotating the tires. If this is true, you may have a case. Otherwise, I'm sure they won't. (Unless you bought that other warranty when you signed on the dotted line.)
what he said
Old May 17, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

If you have less than 12K it is possible to have it covered. Push it hard and don't back down.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

what about a nail in the tire? my car has 5600 miles on it. and alrdy brought it in for its first service at 5000 miles.
Old May 17, 2005, 01:31 PM

Has anyone else had a problem with their suspension?? I just starting getting this weird mechanical clunck coming from the front left wheel. I brought to a dealership and told them what the problem was but all they did was put it up on a lift and check it out and tell me everything was fine. They said they took it for a ride and couldnt duplicate the noise. I said f this and brought it to another dealership down the road and made the service manager come for a ride with me so i could duplicate the sound for him...and it did make the sound. he told me that it sounded like the sway bar was hitting something and would need some adjustment. when i went back to pick up the car he told me that there was nothing wrong with the car!!!!! it only happens when taking hard right turn!!! anyone got any suggestions for me?

Old May 17, 2005, 01:37 PM

I know this doesn't address the alighnment issue, but I would recommend rotating the stock tires at least every 4-5K miles because they wear so quickly. Did you ever rotate them? The dealer will probably tell you, to do that.
Old May 17, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

it wont hurt to try to get it covered. the worst thing that can happen is, they can tell you no.

Quick Reply: Will warranty cover this?