Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Free Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought they cant void the warranty unless they can prove the specific part caused the problem...magnum moss act or something...this is f*cked up i just bought an extended warranty 72,000 4 year...
Old May 17, 2005, 05:42 PM

warranty

i have done a lot to my car and they still do my oil change for free......
Old May 17, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Just call and ask the service manager at the dealership if he would report you. If you call a couple od dealers, you can tell who will be somewhat honest. Just don't give your name when you call.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

how you get 100k free from dealer??

oil changed costed me $70 at a shop..i got ripped off...changing myself from now on
Old May 17, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

not trying to insult anyone, but seriously.. if you're going to use it as your defense (which seems to hardly work), you should really learn the words/name. Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. You can't say to the dealer in question "but the moss-something protects me."

And it's one thing to say they have to abide by it, but it's another thing when your warranty is voided regardless. Has anyone ever gotten a lawyer? Out of curiosity..
Old May 17, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdosu
probably...depends on the dealer really...how mod friendly they are.

I would just not mod the car till your warrenty is out...or find a mod friendly dealer, or change your own oil, it's not that expensive (compared to getting your warrenty prematurly voided)...though I know if you don't have to spend the money, we all wouldn't...so those are your 3 choices.
agree, it depends on the dealer
Old May 17, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

You drove out of the dealership parking lot, your warranty is already "void," welcome to Mitsubishi, have a nice day.

The real question isn't how many people have gotten a lawyer, the real question is how many people whine about it, and how many people post a detailed CALM thread about it? MSM_S2k has recieved a billion pms about it, and none of those people have ever posted a thread on their warranty problems... hell, as far as EvoM seems, there was my warranty (THE warranty denial), that guy with the brembos peeling, and that's about it. There's more people with their tails between their legs trying to prevent having their warranty restricted than people fighting Mitsubishi so we don't have to walk around with our tails between our legs... my friend with a WRX is paranoid, and he's not even under Mitsubishi, this place is ****ed up.

We need more people against Mitsubishi before we can all go out and get lawyers.

Last edited by UT_Evo; May 17, 2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old May 18, 2005, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
some dealerships don't care, because it's something they could bypass the district rep with.

just like the pit pass.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I have the same thing.

You could buy all the oil and the filter from the dealer. Show them the receipts and they will reimburse you for everything. The only thing that sucks is that you have to do the oil change. But that's the cost of moding.

Atleast thats how I do it at the dealer by me.
if you buy the oil and filter from the dealer why do you have to show receipts...anyways, have you done this, it seems unlikely that a stealership would allow this type of practice
Old May 18, 2005, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Interesting... when I bought my 05 they said the Evo wasn't part of the Free oil changes for 100k deal but they definitely had that deal going on until the end of March. They said because it was a special car and required $ynthetic... Should I push to get this? My dealership is actually cool with basic mods as long as you know them and prove that you aren't just beating on your car so I don't want to tick them off. I'm just curious if anyone has any paperwork explaining this free oil change thing and if the dealerships had the last say on what cars it included.
Old May 18, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
Interesting... when I bought my 05 they said the Evo wasn't part of the Free oil changes for 100k deal but they definitely had that deal going on until the end of March. They said because it was a special car and required $ynthetic... Should I push to get this? My dealership is actually cool with basic mods as long as you know them and prove that you aren't just beating on your car so I don't want to tick them off. I'm just curious if anyone has any paperwork explaining this free oil change thing and if the dealerships had the last say on what cars it included.
I've still never heard of the 100k deal, but the official Mitsu-wide promotion was a 3-year/45k-mile Free Maintenance, but that ended in November of '04 (bought mine in October luckily). It includes a free service every 5k, which includes the regular oil change and other staged maintenance services (fluid check, fluid replacements, tire rotation, etc.).

I have no idea what the 100k thing is....that's an awful lot of miles to do free maintenance and is as long as the limited powertrain warranty.
Old May 18, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mr_one
i have done a lot to my car and they still do my oil change for free......
they are not going to go against their maintenence agreement because you have mods, but if you blow your engine more then likely with all of your mods, they will void your warranty. i don't know what they have seen on your car, but they are more then likely keeping track of it when it comes in. so when you make a claim, and you take off your mods, they will already know what you had and attribute the problem to it.
Old May 18, 2005, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I do it myself. Maybe see if he will slide you the filters and oil for free and do them yourself.