Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Free Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 02:17 PM
AcA
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free Oil Change

I have an 05 evo and got a 100k free synthetic oil change from the dealer. My problem is I have turboback, intake, fuel pump, flash, and MBC. Would they take down what I have and *** me out on warrenty when I really need it down the road? Or should I just keep dishing out $40 out my own pocket.
Old May 17, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, bumpity
Old May 17, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

probably...depends on the dealer really...how mod friendly they are.

I would just not mod the car till your warrenty is out...or find a mod friendly dealer, or change your own oil, it's not that expensive (compared to getting your warrenty prematurly voided)...though I know if you don't have to spend the money, we all wouldn't...so those are your 3 choices.
Old May 17, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same thing.

You could buy all the oil and the filter from the dealer. Show them the receipts and they will reimburse you for everything. The only thing that sucks is that you have to do the oil change. But that's the cost of moding.

Atleast thats how I do it at the dealer by me.
Old May 17, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I have the same thing.

You could buy all the oil and the filter from the dealer. Show them the receipts and they will reimburse you for everything. The only thing that sucks is that you have to do the oil change. But that's the cost of moding.

whoa! they reimburse you????

Awesome! then your problem is answered! Do the oil change yourself...and given the fact you have mods...I'm assuming you would rather enjoy a simple oil change by yourself...
Old May 17, 2005, 02:57 PM
AcA
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I have the same thing.

never thought of it that way ....i do my oil changes myself anyways...so you buy the oil at the dealer and they return your money????wouldn't be easier if they just gave it to you
Old May 17, 2005, 03:03 PM

Warranty and maintenance are two different things. Dealer cannot void your warranty for bringing your car in for general maintenance.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AcA
never thought of it that way ....i do my oil changes myself anyways...so you buy the oil at the dealer and they return your money????wouldn't be easier if they just gave it to you
Sorry, I meant I would buy the oil at a store (pep boys, autozone) and buy the filter at the dealer, and then I would go see the service manager and he would give me the reimbursement.

Originally Posted by kimleytrim
Warranty and maintenance are two different things. Dealer cannot void your warranty for bringing your car in for general maintenance.
I think he is still worried about them taking notes or making notes on their computers about his changes. Dealers "cannot" void warranty, but they could take notes and use it against him in the future.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

again, warranty and maintenance are completely different things. mods shouldn't void your free maintenance.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gaijin
again, warranty and maintenance are completely different things. mods shouldn't void your free maintenance.
He doesn't care about voiding free maintenance; he doesn't want them to see his mods and flag his VIN, so that he can get future potential warranty work done hassle-free.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AcA
I have an 05 evo and got a 100k free synthetic oil change from the dealer. My problem is I have turboback, intake, fuel pump, flash, and MBC. Would they take down what I have and *** me out on warrenty when I really need it down the road? Or should I just keep dishing out $40 out my own pocket.
What do you mean by 100k? They are giving you free oil changes for 100k miles? This is something separate from the Mitsu 3year/45k free maintenance?
Old May 17, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No problems here, I bring my car in for all scheduled maint. and my mods are in my sig. Not one mention of my mods everytime I bring it there. I actually like bringing it there because each time I pick it up they wash my car for free.
Old May 17, 2005, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Don't be a puss take it in. I think the amount of money plus time you will save on oil changes would be worth it. Unless you f up your tranny right away, but then your screwed anyway.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:14 PM

oil service

just take it in, if they have any thing to say just be like im just comming in for an oil service, if they say somthing about the mods, pick one and say am i comming in for that part to get serviced? no im am comming in to get my "100k free service" that covers oil changes. i always think of something to say before they come out with some bs. wish you luck.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor

why are you paying 40 dollars to change it yourself.. it only costs me 27. too do it myself..with a factory filter.. syn oil..

Quick Reply: Free Oil Change