Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous question

I was wondering if anybody is using or knows anyone that is using the Venom VCN-2000 computerized nitrous system. I have never used nitrous before and was looking to try it in my 03 Evo. I like that it has 3 settings and that you can pre-program.

Drag Mode This setting is the same as standard nitrous kits. Nitrous is added upon wide open throttle.
Linear Mode
Nitrous is delivered in a linear fashion as the throttle is applied. A turbo like feel.
Timed Mode Mostly used for spooling turbos, this allows you to add nitrous for a timed amount of time.
I found it here:
http://www.ardperformance.com/cgi-bi...l?action=index

Any input would be helpful, and please don't turn it into a "To NOS or not to NOS" arguement!

-CI
Old May 17, 2005, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

I have never read a good thing about Venom.

Go with a Zex kit if you must spray (but I wouldn't).
Old May 17, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

the venom kit can get very pricey in upwards of 2k. versus other kits that are less than half the price and you can just buy seperate add on parts to make it programmable like the venom kit. NX has a computer controlled box for their kit and seems pretty good, and reasonably priced.
Old May 17, 2005, 05:39 PM

NOS= I would never use nos on my evo, I just dont trust it and i want to have my evo a long time. when properly used i hear its fairly safe, but i am usually very cautious when it comes to my car. i dont know what mods you have, but why not spend your money on somethin else (cams,exhaust,etc.....) let us know what you decide to do, i would like to see the results
Old May 17, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2faast4u
NOS= I would never use nos on my evo, I just dont trust it and i want to have my evo a long time. when properly used i hear its fairly safe, but i am usually very cautious when it comes to my car. i dont know what mods you have, but why not spend your money on somethin else (cams,exhaust,etc.....) let us know what you decide to do, i would like to see the results
WELLL...lol I have a bone stock 2003 Evo with 4,700 miles on it. Im looking at all the options before I starting adding. And believe me, it's takin all my discipline to make myself wait. LOL But I want to make sure I do everything right. I was planning on starting simple: HKS downpipe, carbon exhaust, HKS intake, ECU P2 flash from Works, Greddy BOV. After that I was thinking about going a little further with CAMs, water/alcohol injection, and then maybe, MAYBE some nitrous..but only a very small amount.

But I read the forums everyday making my wish list!