Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

More Reasons Mitsu's Worry/Concern Me...

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2005, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjhoney
I can care less if mitsu went under, just means my evo will be worth tons of money.

lol it will be tons of money if it stayed stock and pristine and no sign of use at all
Old May 18, 2005, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by akEvo
dont get me started w/ vw's dood... the mitsu article retains to marketing crap, not cars performance and issues mechanically... vw is the other way around, they spend a ***load of $ on marketing and little on service
No u missed the point being the already known weak clutch/tranny issue is a added underlying issue in the decision dood

Your also incorrect on what vw will spend on service as they took care of me, and a little $2,500.00 repair on the R32 in no time whatsoever, with no hassle whatsoever. Own 11 VW's then get back to me on experience with em dood...
Old May 18, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

well i've had 2 VWs and still have an Audi S4 and i'd say that VW/Audi has been ok in regards to service - nothing special / nothing terrible. i wouldn't say either was better or worse than what i've had from Mitsu so far.

as for "issues", VWs almost always seem to have electrical gremlins (had some) and the Audi S4 had issues with the MAF (replaced one), boost leaks (replaced DVs), clutch (120k on stock clutch), dash display (yep), stereo system (yep), aluminum suspension bits that weren't aluminum (yep), bubbled tires (nope), etc. with the Evo it seems like clutch and transfer case are the top "issues".

some of these "issues" are legitimate, some are pretty much caused by the owners, and some seem to be so rare that i'm not sure why they get attention. personally, i'm not too worried about the clutch and the TC in my Evo since i don't drag race the car. if they do die though, i will expect Mitsu to fix them. if i end up modding it and something goes wrong then i really don't expect Mitsu to fix it. that's just something you need to factor in when planning your mods and there's gonna be some risk you have to be willing to take. IMO.
Old May 18, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
First: Don't believe everything you read on the internet. 99% of Evolution owners are retards who put 400 to the wheels, launch the car at 13,000RPM and wonder why their stock clutch is fried. Again, do not believe the hype from this forum. Every car has problems, even look at the Acura RSX, they had ENORMOUS transmission issues.

Secondly: Mitsubishi is not going anywhere. Read up on Japanese economics, it's crazy and basically gets down to the simple fact that the Japanese have too much pride to tank Mitsubishi Motors.

EDIT: Also, don't forget that Nissan was in a similar/worse situation just a few years ago. They are fine now.

EDIT2: And while I am thinking of it, please don't let the company hold you back from the Evolution. Buy the car because you like the car. I went into buying mine fully aware of all issues/troubles with MMUSA. The fact is, the 4G63 has been around since forever, there are several GREAT shops that can make your transmission tighter than a schoolgirls *******, and there are always good body shops/general mechnics for everything else.

Relax.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old May 18, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dohcvtec
Couldn't have said it better myself
I second that.