Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I almost died this weekend

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I almost died this weekend

Luckily I wasn't in my Evo. I was in my other friend Kevin's (we have the same name) FC. He had it tuned to about 260 whp. Very nice car. We weren't racing or anything so don't think this is a street racing story.

This weekend, in Dallas, I was in a major accident. I was riding as the passenger in my other friend Kevins Mazda rx-7 and we were out for a spin and heading back to Zacks party. We were going about 60 in a 45 and coming up a median on our left with a vehicle already parked there about to turn the opposite way. To our right there was a black accord waiting to either go behind this car, or get next to it or just try and follow the vehicle already in the median. He was at a dead stop and as we approached, approx. 60ft from us, the vehicle just starts to move to the mediam dirrectly blocking the flow of traffic (keep in mind its broad daylight) and block us as we are within about a half a second away from him. Wompa (Kevin) begins to hammer the brakes and we crash completely into the front left half of the car spinning him off the side and driving us all the way up into the center median on top of grass. We are going so fast I figure I'm mostlikely going to die right now. As the cars come to a stop I am chocking and can't breathe for about a minute it felt like. All I could do was press my chest ans gasp for air. After I began breathing again I looked over at Kevin and he is breathing and ok. His left leg has blood dripping down and there is a good 5-6 inch gash in his leg now. Many people came to look and help us but told us to stay put. Shortly ambulences came and took us out. My passenger side door had to be pried open and was somewhat mashed into the car. I am pretty possitive I suffered most of the damage but Kevin recieved a huge amount as well , if not damn close to the same amount. We were put on stretchers and rushed to the hospital and checked on. We have some light scarring from the seatbelts (thank god). Kevins chest has a complete vertical scar on his chest from shoulder to waist. My stomache is in pretty bad shape as well as my right shoulder (visually speaking). We both had exrays done on us to check for internal problems and broken bones. Since my stomache took alot of impact they gave me a catscan and put an IV unit into my arm (needles suck). After roughly 2 to 2 and a half hours they released us to go home.

Thanks to everyone who took care of us this weekend at Zacks party and I really appreciate all of you guys coming to visit us at the hospital.

Here are pictures of Kevins beloved rx-7 that so much blood and sweat was put into by himself. I'm so very sorry that you had to experience this Kevin. I know what its like to total your car.

Thanks for reading guys

Last edited by Kee1pride; May 26, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old May 18, 2005, 03:49 PM

dang glad your ok - that car is messed up . i was in an accident a few months ago - 85 year old woman couldnt see me coming and turned literally 10 feet in front of me but i was only going about 35
Old May 18, 2005, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

That's teh sux. I'm glad everyone's alright. Your friend may want to remove the "we were doing X in a Y zone" just in case someone else finds it and tries to move some of the blame onto him.
Old May 18, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, that car is focked. So did it end up being his fault or yours? Anyone get charged with anything? Is insurance payin for his FC?
Old May 18, 2005, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

You scared me for a second. I thought you sustained a lot of injuries or something.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spedfrek
dang glad your ok - that car is messed up . i was in an accident a few months ago - 85 year old woman couldnt see me coming and turned literally 10 feet in front of me but i was only going about 35
Similiar thing happened to me today. I was walking through t-mobile to get to my car and i noticed this long line. So i glance over and then continue to walk and bare left. I feel something hitting my arm and then rubbing up against me. So i look over and its some guy apologizing. We both said sorry and went on our ways. None of us came out with any injuries or damage.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Considering the shape of that car, seems like you're both pretty lucky.

I never like to hear these accident stories, but at least cars are replacable. Glad you both are ok.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
Similiar thing happened to me today. I was walking through t-mobile to get to my car and i noticed this long line. So i glance over and then continue to walk and bare left. I feel something hitting my arm and then rubbing up against me. So i look over and its some guy apologizing. We both said sorry and went on our ways. None of us came out with any injuries or damage.
I'll be the first to say it, so...what the ****? Why are you deriding him? He wasn't even driving the damn car.
Old May 18, 2005, 05:19 PM

Glad to hear you guys are alirght.....
My eclipse 3G gt spyder was totaled last month, so I know the feeling. I was sitting at a dead stop going to turn right, and I was rear ended by a Dodge Caravan at 650ish in the morning on my way to work. He said he was going 50 M.P.H. when he hit me, so I know he had to be going faster than that. Bent my frame so bad that my front doors where pushed 4" foward. I was lucky just a concusion, scratch on my head and leg and seat belt burn. Oh well I got reinbursed for my stuff in my trunk since it was in my back seat, and my down payment for my evo, so I guess it all works out.
Old May 18, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

thanks guys. im pretty sure itll be the other guys fault.. it certainly wasn't mine, i was just the passenger.

thanks everyone for reading
Old May 18, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank God you guys are ok. i know exactly what your talking about with the seatbelts, they get really really redish purple after a while. i didnt even know they were there until about an hour later, and they were very noticable. if this is your first accident, be prepared for being really really sore tomorrow.
Old May 18, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

dam dude, suprising you guys only have minor injuries. from the look of the car, it could have been worse
Old May 18, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

damn, that's a hell of a crash....you actaully came out quiet well, not much scratch at all, becareful who your riding with next time
Old May 18, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, another RX-7 laid to rest.

Glad you're alright man. More proof that anything can happen at any moment.
Old May 19, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I'll be the first to say it, so...what the ****? Why are you deriding him? He wasn't even driving the damn car.
Oh...i'll be the first to say it, it wasnt even to the original poster.

Quick Reply: I almost died this weekend