Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pros and Cons of owning a 2003

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by o-genkichan
Its not a new platform the VII was a CT9A also so your theory is incorrect in this application.
Yup. You're right. VII, VIII, and IX are all same platform. Never said VII was different from VIII or from IX. Supposedly X will be new platform. I was just responding to the other dude when he said all the bugs have been worked out since 1991 = not entirely true. Also, just cause VII came before VIII and IX doesn't mean VIII and IX will be completely bug-free. For example, '06 is first time for MIVEC. Even though IX is not a new platform, there is a new-to-evo system in it which means there could be bugs. If I were to buy a IX, I would not get '06. Just my opinion.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt really considering anything said here "cons" the newer models have different Upgrades to them to make Lil more power in year out of the box if you get a 03 you will be missing out on the upgrades the 04 and 05 has. if you get the 04 you miss out on the benefits of the 05's upgrades. etc. I have an 03 and am perfectly happy with it seeing how I havew never driven a newer model
Old May 22, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nadzerin
Yup. You're right. VII, VIII, and IX are all same platform. Never said VII was different from VIII or from IX. Supposedly X will be new platform. I was just responding to the other dude when he said all the bugs have been worked out since 1991 = not entirely true. Also, just cause VII came before VIII and IX doesn't mean VIII and IX will be completely bug-free. For example, '06 is first time for MIVEC. Even though IX is not a new platform, there is a new-to-evo system in it which means there could be bugs. If I were to buy a IX, I would not get '06. Just my opinion.
4G64s already have MIVEC. It's hardly new, even if it's new to Evos. 2006 might be the only year for IXs