Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO V/// years down the road.

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO V/// years down the road.

Alright, I do not have my EVO yet because I am not in the position right now to have one but I must insist I have fallen in love with the car, it's real. I have only driven an STi but the only EVO I was in was an 11 second MR that a local guy has, he took me for a rip and I had a "My face is frozen like this huh" look on my face, all TEEF like this >>> . Anyways I was wondering where you guys see yourselfs with your VIII years down the road, 4... maybe 5 years? What status do you see this car having years down the road?

I personally think this is a car that will never get old and will never be pushed aside by the new "In" thing. This car to me though not a Dyno queen really has the status of an MKIV TT Supra, not the same type of car obviously, but the same affect. Super performance cannot get old, if a car can do it all or has it all, it will show even when it is 7-10 years old and this car is one of them, even in stock form. I plan on keeping mine for as long as I possibly can and if indeed it does get too old I will find a lower mileage one to take its place. I believe resale value will always be high, it should be because there is no other car that can do what this car can do, I can only imagine when it drops to say $16,000-$18,000. WOW that is a LOT of bang for the buck
Old May 22, 2005, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, nothing else matters, for those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

-vin

rofl... such a bad movie

4 - 5 years down the road ill prolly own another one... if not... something faster.
Old May 22, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

there will always be something "newer and better".

but bang for the buck it will be great when the prices drop, til then i'll enjoy my unmolested baby.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i wondered about that before i bought it. once you have a great, fast, fun car, it is really tough to go back to something not so fun. it seems automakers keep making performance type cars though. i will probably own the evo for a while, but am already thinking skyline.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Not to get off topic but is the new Skyline even realistic? I have heard nothing about it and I have tried to find info on it. I heard the G35 was the american skyline. I love the EVO, the only thing I can think of is when the EVO X comes out, but that is supposedly half mopar so I'm not sure how hot I am on THAT idea.