Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best time to buy a new year Evo?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best time to buy a new year Evo?

I have the dough, now just comes the waiting. Im wanting a Tarmac Black 06 Evo IX, which according to the dealer is arriving sept-october of this year.

My question is, from all of your past Evo experience, when is the best time to buy an Evo to get the best price?

Would I be okay buying the Evo IX as soon as they come out? Wait a few months? Although I don't think I can stand waiting, Im really hoping dealers don't charge 5k over sticker for the first month they are out!
Old May 22, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

well from what i have read on the forums... the best time.. is when they get the 07's, correct me if im wrong ... but ... i think that would be it.... or at the end of the month.
Old May 22, 2005, 11:45 AM

The way to get the best price is to wait untill the next model year is coming out and then buy one of the left over ones they have on the lot from the previous model year. This should be pretty intuitive to you. If you just walk onto the lot the first day they have the IX you are going to get taken to the cleaners, unless you decide to go with an 05. If you want an 05, wait till the 06 are just about to come out and then buy an 05. You will get the best deal if you have either cash or are already financed through a credit union or something. Don't ever negotiate with a deal for car payments. Negotiate on the car price and tell them you have cash or your own financing. If you can't even negotiate a decent price on a used Evo, then the dealer is going to see you coming a mile away and rape you behind the back office. I strongly suggest you bring someone with you that has really good negotiating skills.
Old May 22, 2005, 11:53 AM

Indeed, since Im only 21 with almost nonexistant credit, I'll probably have my pops cosign with me just so I get a decent rate. I've been with him when he's bought vehicles before so Im sure he'll have more than 2 cents to add in during the back room process.

And yah Im pretty dead set on a IX.

It just seems that by the end of the year, most Evo VIII's at lots now are being jacked up 4-5000 since they were "limited run" and more people want new Evo VIIIs right now than used ones.

At least that is how it is around here, I've tried to get a deal on a new Evo VIII but it's impossible when the dealer only has 1 or 2 apparently.
Old May 22, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

you can wait till the x comes out and get the best deal on a ix, or get one now and pay a little more for extra enjoyment time
Old May 22, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
end jan / early feb
Old May 22, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd second that, I bought my car end of Jan. I figure everyone is paying holiday bills and car sales are usually at a low.
Old May 22, 2005, 06:14 PM

just dont pay over msrp and your good. Those f*ckers will rape you in so many positions you wont know its coming. Be strong and have patience, thats what i did, i also shopped around. Best time is when the new ones are coming out. I know its hard but if you dont mind paying 5k more then thats your call.
Old May 22, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

DECEMBER 31 IS THE BEST DAY TO BUY A CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! why? they are not only trying to meet their end of month quota, BUT ALSO the end of year!!!!!! + everyone is at home with family so you can pretty much bend the dealerships over with no lube...
Old May 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Someone I know got his 05 for 400 over invoice. Cash talks. If you have a pre-approved loan or just cash to play with and you run a hard bargain then they wont be able to send you away. Play the, well Ill go look at other cars game with them. Dont let them know you are set on the EVO. Make them think that you are looking at STI's and other cars. Tell them you want to pay 400-1000 over invoice. Dont pay MSRP or over. Make sure they get you atleast 1000 under MSRP. I got my 05 Tarmac black with the leather option for 1000 under and max value on my 03 evo. You can work the dealer.

and i agree with House DJ