Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Planning On Buying HKS SSQV+HKS RS

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning On Buying HKS SSQV+HKS RS

Well i finally decided to purchased a HKS SSQV and a HKS RS Intake. But what would i need to get these two to work without no problems? What type of flange would i need and is there anything else that i need? Also anyone selling any of these parts or where could i purchased them for a great price? TIA

Also anyone in wisconsin that wants to help me install this shizz for some extra $$

btw i want to VTA so i dont need a recirc kit

Last edited by 03BlackEVO; May 22, 2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old May 22, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 03BlackEVO
Well i finally decided to purchased a HKS SSQV and a HKS RS Intake. But what would i need to get these two to work without no problems? What type of flange would i need and is there anything else that i need? Also anyone selling any of these parts or where could i purchased them for a great price? TIA

Also anyone in wisconsin that wants to help me install this shizz for some extra $$

btw i want to VTA so i dont need a recirc kit
Can you explain why you want these two mods instead of mods that are useful and that make you go faster? If you just want to mimic 2F2F through sound and bling, then I suddenly can't remember anything that would help you...

FYI, for $500, you can get a flash, mbc, boost gauge, and panel filter...the car will run wonderfully and pick up 30-40whp as opposed to losing HP, which is probably going to happen with the 2 you mentioned.
Old May 22, 2005, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

you are gonna probably need an EIDS for the BOV and a tune for the intake.
Old May 22, 2005, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Can you explain why you want these two mods instead of mods that are useful and that make you go faster? If you just want to mimic 2F2F through sound and bling, then I suddenly can't remember anything that would help you...

FYI, for $500, you can get a flash, mbc, boost gauge, and panel filter...the car will run wonderfully and pick up 30-40whp as opposed to losing HP, which is probably going to happen with the 2 you mentioned.

well before u start bashing on me for being 2f2f, the reason i want these two mods is because eventually i need a BOV so i dont loose boost when i get a EBC, MBC dont appeal to me and boost gauge all the money that was going to be left over was going to a Defi boost gauge, the reason i am not jumping on all the performance stuff like mbc, flash etc is because i just bought this car and the last thing i want to do is void the warranty right away. Dont worry i just got it i am still learning but i didnt join this forum to get bashed, i kno what "2F2F sound+bling" is and is not. If you think a BOV is rice then thats ur opinion i didnt ask what u thought about a blow off valve, i jsut love the sounds of them and eventually needed one so why not get one now? Seriously man how are these things even close to rice all you did was **** me off by posting that but i guess now i have to rethink my decision
Old May 22, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

well before u start bashing on me for being 2f2f, the reason i want these two mods is because eventually i need a BOV so i dont loose boost when i get a EBC, MBC dont appeal to me and boost gauge all the money that was going to be left over was going to a Defi boost gauge, the reason i am not jumping on all the performance stuff like mbc, flash etc is because i just bought this car and the last thing i want to do is void the warranty right away. Dont worry i just got it i am still learning but i didnt join this forum to get bashed, i kno what "2F2F sound+bling" is and is not. If you think a BOV is rice then thats ur opinion i didnt ask what u thought about a blow off valve, i jsut love the sounds of them and eventually needed one so why not get one now? Seriously man how are these things even close to rice all you did was **** me off by posting that but i guess now i have to rethink my decision
Now that you've calmed down, I see that there is a voice of reason at the end.

Repeat after me: both mods are rice-inspired. You don't need a BOV for a long time, and even then, you don' t need that expensive one. If you use the logic of "I'll need it eventually, so why not get it now," then you should just go ahead and get the EBC...or Cam...hell, throw in a fuel pump, since it won't help any (like the intake and BOV), although you'll need it later..

I'm not sure why an MBC doesn't appeal to you, but if you prefer to spend a lot more on an EBC, then by all means, that's your choice. There's nothing wrong with them, other than the price. If you don't want to void the warranty, then don't get a BOV...that will do it as fast as anything if they see it. Plus, you said the BOV is in anticipation of higher boost...so when you start using the BOV (which you won't be now, except to hear it), the warranty will go out the window anyway. Not to mention that your MAF doesn't like a VTA BOV.

Again, if you're interested in actually going faster when you spend your money, take the route I suggested. If you want to have shiny stuff that makes noise and loses power, take your own route. I'm not bashing you; just telling it like it is.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:19 PM

well sh*t then help a brother out i traded in my 2000 323ci and had some headlights that i purchased for $800 i sold them for $600 and all that money is going into the EVO, what DO YOU think i should buy giving me the most performance gains.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

F*ck HKS products
Old May 22, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

well sh*t then help a brother out i traded in my 2000 323ci and had some headlights that i purchased for $800 i sold them for $600 and all that money is going into the EVO, what DO YOU think i should buy giving me the most performance gains.
Ok, for $600, I would do this:

K&N panel filter - $70
Dynoflash - $199
MBC/gauge (set at 20-21psi) - ~$200 (or EBC)
Test pipe (unless you have emissions worries) - ~$130
70+199+200+130 = $599

This alone will put you over 300whp on an 05 if the tune is right. After that, when you have some more cash, you can finish the exhaust with a downpipe and cat-back. Even if you leave off the test pipe, you will be at 280whp or so and capable of 108hp in the 1/4.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:46 PM

alright sounds good now i jsut need a place to find all these things what do you recomend? lancershop.com or some others?

Thanks for all the help man..
Old May 22, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im pretty sure that dynoflash has a boost controlling flash now that will hold 20 psi. so that eliminates the need for a mbc unless youre wanting to raise the boost even more than that. correct me if im wrong.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

The HKS RS is proven to make power than most intake pipes... i had it on my white evo and will be putting it in my MR... my MR has this bov and its vta and i have not have any problems with it
Old May 22, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

alright sounds good now i jsut need a place to find all these things what do you recomend? lancershop.com or some others?

Thanks for all the help man..
K&N filter - local auto parts store (Autozone, Advance Auto, etc.)

Flash - Have to send ECU into Al @ Dynoflash ($199) or to TurboTrix ($??). They flash it and send it back, so it requires a few days of downtime on the car.

MBC/gauge or EBC - not sure, because I use a local vendor for parts. Do a search on these items and/or go to the shop websites to compare prices. If you go with an MBC, I recommend the Hallman Pro (not RX or Evolution). For EBC, use HKS EVC.

Test Pipe - I found the $130 price on Gruppe-S.com. I have only read great things about their service, but I don't know how good their prices are. Test pipes don't cost much, but you have to make sure they can mate up to the stock DP and cat-back.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Get a TBE...MBC...Boost gauge...Dynoflashed(my next modification.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Genesis8
Get a TBE...MBC...Boost gauge...Dynoflashed(my next modification.
That's the proper route, but not for $600.
Old May 22, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

True....If he had more $$$