Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO On Ebay clamming 600whp....lol

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Oh, and go get that thing on a DJ and see if you can hit 500 whp. You're probably going to end up a little short, but it could be close.
No AWD Dynojet's around here. The next closest thing is a Dynopak and it reads about 50whp higher then the Mustang I got tuned on.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

I didnt mean this post to be a all out fight, and for that I am sorry. But the individual sellin the car just needs to be a little more specific on the horsepwer claims. So some guy that dosent really know whats going on dosent get had, so I hope that guy dose his homework. And jj_008 I dont want to get in a battle with you but I made 368awhp and 378lb tourq on a AWD Mustang Dyno with the STOCK turbo and 24psi, A/F 10.8 across the board and 8 degrees total timing in it. So your numbers are good but not that good. It sounds like to me that to obtain those types of numbers on your stock intercooler pipes and intercooler and air box. Your running it very lean or alot of timming if you have a AEM which isant considered a safe tune to run all the time w/out worrying about blowing your motor. The part that Nolimit I think was getting to is its just not going to happen, think of all the hot air your blowing threw the motor by using all your stock stuff.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

God that header looks horrible.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:14 PM

Ask the guy to back up his claim with a dyno graph if you're going to buy the vehicle. What does "pushing 600 hp" mean to you? To some it means that it's close to 600 hp. To other it means that it's pushing another vehicle that has 600 hp. hehe
Old May 25, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

only way that guy is hitting 450whp is on a 2 wheel drive dynojet. sorry i don't believe it.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

damn, my setup must be complete crap! cause I am 8 HP away from 400awhp..hahahaha. And my mods far exeed that guys "600hp evo"
Old May 25, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MO_EVO8
I didnt mean this post to be a all out fight, and for that I am sorry. But the individual sellin the car just needs to be a little more specific on the horsepwer claims. So some guy that dosent really know whats going on dosent get had, so I hope that guy dose his homework. And jj_008 I dont want to get in a battle with you but I made 368awhp and 378lb tourq on a AWD Mustang Dyno with the STOCK turbo and 24psi, A/F 10.8 across the board and 8 degrees total timing in it. So your numbers are good but not that good. It sounds like to me that to obtain those types of numbers on your stock intercooler pipes and intercooler and air box. Your running it very lean or alot of timming if you have a AEM which isant considered a safe tune to run all the time w/out worrying about blowing your motor. The part that Nolimit I think was getting to is its just not going to happen, think of all the hot air your blowing threw the motor by using all your stock stuff.
All Mustang dynos read different, which is why I stated I made 90whp more then cars w/ stock turbos, cams, and race gas as a baseline. My A/F are 10.9 and I don't know the timing since I am using an XEDE.

As for the comment about blowing hot air through my motor, well that isn't really true. First off, I am not using a "hot air" intake so my ambient temperature entering the turbo will be lower, which means my air charge will be a lower temperature at the throttle body. Also, a bigger turbo runs cooler at higher boost then the stock turbo due to its better efficency. So the main concern w/ the stock intercooler on my setup is the flow rate through it. So far, I haven't noticed any problems so if it ain't broke....

If I was a road racer then I would upgrade the I/C due to hotter track conditions and pushing the turbo to its boost limits.

IE Evo has a Vishnu stage 3 w/ an upgraded I/C, stock airbox, pipes and he dyno'd close to 500whp on a dynojet. So, I guess, the guys ebay claim is somewhat accurate.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

i made my HP on stock rubber intake with open filter, stock IC pipes and stock manifold...Ive since added the injen upper i/c pipe and intake... nothing wrong with stock stuff, as they are functional, and can be worked to the limits, but with the stock airbox and minimal mods, i also find itr hard to beleive anywhere near 600hp on that guys evo.
Old May 25, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by jj_008
All Mustang dynos read different, which is why I stated I made 90whp more then cars w/ stock turbos, cams, and race gas as a baseline. My A/F are 10.9 and I don't know the timing since I am using an XEDE.

As for the comment about blowing hot air through my motor, well that isn't really true. First off, I am not using a "hot air" intake so my ambient temperature entering the turbo will be lower, which means my air charge will be a lower temperature at the throttle body. Also, a bigger turbo runs cooler at higher boost then the stock turbo due to its better efficency. So the main concern w/ the stock intercooler on my setup is the flow rate through it. So far, I haven't noticed any problems so if it ain't broke....

If I was a road racer then I would upgrade the I/C due to hotter track conditions and pushing the turbo to its boost limits.

IE Evo has a Vishnu stage 3 w/ an upgraded I/C, stock airbox, pipes and he dyno'd close to 500whp on a dynojet. So, I guess, the guys ebay claim is somewhat accurate.
Don't waste your time. He obviously is an expert.
Old May 25, 2005, 08:19 PM

Well, he says he has a Vishnu Stage 3 on his Evo. Which... advertised by Vishnu... is 600hp. http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo.htm

So, he's lying, or they are...
Old May 25, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mobounce
damn, my setup must be complete crap! cause I am 8 HP away from 400awhp..hahahaha. And my mods far exeed that guys "600hp evo"
Its not crap its a sweet *** set up..props to my man mobounce!
Old May 25, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by Grav
Well, he says he has a Vishnu Stage 3 on his Evo. Which... advertised by Vishnu... is 600hp. http://www.vishnutuning.com/evo.htm

So, he's lying, or they are...
They both are making the same claim, 600 hp.
Old May 25, 2005, 08:37 PM
Account Disabled

That Turbo he is Runnign is capable of 600 HP. Thats all I guess.
Old May 25, 2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
They both are making the same claim, 600 hp.
Yes, but everyone is saying that he's full of bull. I don't know myself. But it seems like if they think he's full of it, they're gunna have to say Vishnu is full of it too, because that's what he has (so he says).
Old May 26, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

One of the best evo tuners claims 600hp for stage 3, a guy on ebay lists his car with a stage 3 kit for the same tuner and claims 600hp and most of you call bs. Oh, wait he doesn't have an intake! Get over it! Vishnu recommends the stock intake for all their tuned cars. If the car is a stage 3 vishnu car which it appears it is I find no reason not to believe him or vishnu.

Quick Reply: EVO On Ebay clamming 600whp....lol