Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1st Place AGAIN after Buschur Reflash and parts upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
1st Place AGAIN after Buschur Reflash and parts upgrade

Just took back to back 1st Place wins at Porsche Club Autocross. Got 1st last month and got 1st this month (yesterday.) It was another 4th gear all out course with hairpins and a full 360 degree circle acting as the skid pad. My EVO MR won with over a 3 second margin.......HUGE!!!! As usual, a few good racers made it a real competition....and yes, there were several other Porsches and the Trans-AM WS6 club came out too.....they were all 400hp cars but they were 20 seconds off my winning time!!!!!! 2nd place was a BMW 318i with full M3 conversion motor, suspension, brakes, and race set up.

Thanks to Buschur and Jarrod for their 24hr turnaround on my ECU, next day shipping on my Cucso strut bars and 48hr shipping on my T-bolts, and mass air pipe kit.

When your car is at the shop and you have a race coming up, it's unbelievable the peace of mind you have knowing a vendor can deliver!

Okay, VIDEO! I got a link up and running for the previous months video recorded outside the car showing my MR going throug a turn. I don't have the link yet, but will post today when I find out where it is.

I got IN CAR VIDEO of my winning run yesterday. I will hope to get this posted ASAP. Give me a week. I will post a new thread for these vids when I get the links so you all won't miss.

In the mean time, I need to sell all my MR OEM parts I have collected:
- MR springs, rear torsion bar, air box, battery holder, turbo back exhaust, IC pipes, BOV, lower control bars, whatever else....PM me if you want.
Old May 23, 2005, 11:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So when are they going to create a class for your EVO? Seem it dosen't play well with others..lol
Old May 23, 2005, 11:34 PM

congrats to you
Old May 24, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

congrats....

it would be nice to see the look on all the faces of the other owners....you should try and take a picture of that...haha
Old May 24, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

congrats! lookin forward to viewing the video.
Old May 24, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Nice job man! Congrats!
Old May 24, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

nice job, get that video up!!!
Old May 24, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

good job.

you should really consider keeping your stock parts, just incase.

n
Old May 24, 2005, 08:36 AM

Talking

Stories like this are always great to hear - I'm going to try an autocross soon - I'm hoping I just don't get lost on the track!
RAW
Old May 24, 2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by nils

you should really consider keeping your stock parts, just incase.
I agree. You won't get much money for them and you never know when you might need to troubleshoot a problem or want to return the car to stock. The only reason I might sell stock parts is if space to store them is a concern.

Oh, and congrats.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats. Those Porsche drivers are gona get upset.
Old May 27, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks all. And I am sorry for no video yet. I am just not going to talk about it anymore. I thought it would be easy to post stuff like that. If and when, I will post thread. My new in-car camera makes it really fun.

Headed to TWS this next weekend. That should be some fun In-Car!!!!!
Old May 27, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Driv200
Thanks all. And I am sorry for no video yet. I am just not going to talk about it anymore. I thought it would be easy to post stuff like that. If and when, I will post thread. My new in-car camera makes it really fun.

Headed to TWS this next weekend. That should be some fun In-Car!!!!!
What did the Porsche and BMW owners have to say about your car after the second win? Good luck next weekend.
Old May 27, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well,

The BMW guy with the 318i hatchback with a full M3 motor swap along with M3 suspension, brakes, and ECU tricks was PISSED BIG TIME. Until I started showing back up, he always got the FTD...Fastest Time of Day...for all you newbies. Usually at these events, you cheer on all your friends and competitors. But this BMW guy didn't say a word. And what's worse, he bad mouthed me to the shop I am doing my upgrades through....saying I am a customer they have to watch out for etc...... When the shop told me these things...I left a voicemail asking the BMW guy to please drop the highschool act and bring his problems to the track next month. Never heard back from him. One guy like this can easily take away from all the fun. He was just pissed. What do you do with guys like this.

The Porsche guys were all impressed and fun as always! Porsche guys appreciate great cars. And, the AWD systems have been in Porsches Fleet a long time. They were great....even after winning again at their event!

However, the event coordinator, a Porsche Guy, is in cahoots with the BMW guy and they are really building a negative wall between me and the other members.

Have any of you heard the saying, "It's lonely at the top?" I finally know what that means. Because I am winning all the time (including past two years in different cars Z06 & 944 Turbo) nobody cheers for me. They all want a different winner to break the cycle. I am sure it's just fun, but I miss all the cheering for ME. Ha!
Old May 27, 2005, 09:15 PM

Go Solo2!