Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsu Motors Loses $4.4 Billion in 2005

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w w
Old May 23, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsu is getting WAXED!!!!!!!!
Old May 23, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

repost
Old May 23, 2005, 01:27 PM

mitsu needs better designers and engineers for their base cars. the only car that they made perfect in every form is the evos. They need to work on the interior of their cars also. (I hate my interior) They also need to be more innovative with the gas price as high as it is. Toyota is making bank because of their high mpg cars. Also, company advertisement not some dealer ads. I notice that here in the OR, i did not see a company ad from any mitsu cars. Not even the evos.
I wouldnt have gotten an evo if i didnt see any of those rally races on TV
Old May 23, 2005, 01:29 PM

i just hope our warranty would still be there if they give up on automobiles. Even if the warranty now is as scandalous as it is.
Old May 23, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

well besides the known cuts they are making to there employees and the huge loss they had last year they still have many other parts of the company that are making enough to save them...if it wasnt for them..they wouldnt be around right now...sure is a lot of mitsu here in the middle east....<---military just temp...
Old May 23, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newmr
Unfortunately, I think the Evo only sold about 25,000 cars over three years which isn't a very large percentage of total sales. Ford does nearly 1 million F-150's per year. Unless they have a halo car that can sell hundreds of thousands of units at sticker, their financial situation is unlikely to improve IMO.
actually, i just read that mitsu sold 4,500 evos in 2004. so it is probably even less. and i think in 03 and 04 there were only 3,500 available for each model. they don't advertise our car because car magz do it more then enough. there is not enough growth potential in evos compared to eclipses or galants unless they increased their availability. but you are certainly correct in stating the evo sales as a percentage of total sales is nothing and that they need a car that is at least good compared to the rest of it's class or they might be done for in the US. besides EVOs of course b/c weed just import them.
Old May 23, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

No suprise at all. Everything short of the Evo is unbelievably boring and even worse on the eyes than the driving experience. Mitsu is also somewhat of a joke when it comes to japanese reliability as well. I love my Evo, but I hate telling people that I own a mitsu when they don't know what an Evo is
Old May 23, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

You're Late Richard!!!! Shoulda Launched!!!!
Old May 23, 2005, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

in another words they need to strike it rich with their galants and eclipses. to tell u the truth, even if they design it well, it will take some time until the US market stops buying accords and camrys and switch to these...
Old May 23, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks, the new eclipse needs to help.
Old May 23, 2005, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by webguy330i
repost
Please provide a link to the prior post. I looked and didn't find it. I did make a similar post 3 months ago when Mitsu issued its 3rd quarter financial results, but these new numbers are for the entire fiscal year ended March 31, 2005 and therefore not a "repost."
Old May 23, 2005, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What Mitsu needs is to make the Galant and Eclipse flagship sellers. The new Galant looks decent and replaces the Diamante in many ways. The Lancer seems to have taken over the entry and old Galant role. The new Eclipse has potential but it's not going to save them overnight. What they need is hybrid technology for both their mainstream cars and Performance Hybrid technology. Imagine an Evo with a 300 HP turbo engine and another 150 HP from an electric engine yet still get 30 MPG or more. Honda came out with that Accord using Hybrid technology that actually is faster than the normal models. The mainstream cars could easily get 35-40 MPG if they really tried and still have decent performance. I hope Mitsu wakes up and turns things around, they need to have some cars that appeal to the masses yet at the same time avoid blending in with all the other choices out there.

Last edited by Hiboost; May 23, 2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old May 23, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PGDlancer
seriously, has anyone else had their payment plan switched from mitsubishi to a private lender?? My car has never had a late payment in it's life, but one day I got this letter in the mail that my loan was no longer going to be paid back to mitsu, but rather to some other company!!! That's odd to me, especially since the payments are never late for my car. Don't they lose a of $$$ when they sell debt?
Im actually quite pissed, that mitsu sold my load to a fricken credit union....this credit union is the most unprofessional car experience ive ever had to deal with on owning 17 cars......im about ready to pay cash and buy it out to not have to deal with it anymore..
Old May 23, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

I had my heart set on an evo, but all I keep reading is about the financial trouble mitsu is in...i'm questioning my evo 9 decision, and don't flame me for this, but am exploring sti's, because whats the point of have a F***ing awsome car I can't get fixed or parts for if in 2 or 3 years mitsu is GONE...its a real possibility...I'm a biz major in Florida, and I love money just as much as my evo, so the potential to lose my money to the car I love if mitsu goes under...is...well...just a real f'ed up heart breaker...but well see in the comming months how they do...and if I will own the car i have now wanted...for years!

Quick Reply: Mitsu Motors Loses $4.4 Billion in 2005