Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What do you think I will pay for a IX RS?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am prior service Army, I won't be at low E-grade for long, I will be home with a job that I apply my training to, Air traffic controller, crew chief, something that I can apply to daily life AND the military, I won't make a move until placed in a good spot, I currently pay $257.67 per month for my car payment, $267 per month for the Explorer (The EVO was quoted same coverage for $271 per mo.) and I do just fine paying $250 per mo rent as well. I make $8.00 an hour, I took a $2 an hour pay cut just to stay at the job but I am leaving for training. I could safely afford $400+ mo. car payment with all the extras, it would mean that much to me and the EVO is the only thing used that packs the punch it does for the price. Even if I were to leave it stock, there are few cars that compete for the price, and only one that competes stock for stock.
Old May 24, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

OK, maybe this will help.

The following calcs are based on my local credit union's current interest rates for new auto loans (assuming your credit rating is good enough to qualify). Rates are on their way up, so expect the amount you can borrow for a $450 pcm repayment to be less next Spring.

Assuming you can afford to pay $450 per calendar month (12 payments per year), here's the amount of $$ you will be able to borrow:

rate = 4.99% for 60 months (5 years), amount borrowed = $23,851
rate = 5.49% for 72 months (6 years), amount borrowed = $27,551

So, assuming you qualify and assuming you're happy to pay $450 per month for 6 years (just for the car itself), you will be able to borrow now $27,551 (this amount will be lower next Spring as interest rates increase).

If you were to buy a brand new Evo IX RS in the Fall when they're released, you're probably looking at $30-$31k out-the-door, after tax, title etc.. So, you would need a $3-$4k downpayment and then $450 per month for the next 6 years to pay the car off (doesn't include the $150-$200 per month for insurance and whatever it costs for gas and incidentals etc.).

I remember being just like you in my youth and lusting after the performance car du-jour. Needless to say, most of the ones I really wanted at the time, I just couldn't afford (and never did buy)........

Try to make this work to your advantage. Get some qualifications, get a decent job & then you can buy whatever takes your fancy.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOboostVIII
Yeah someone already said it jackass, got old too fast now you just look like a tool. HAHAHAHAH OMFG THAT WAS SOOO FUNNY, I FEEL SOOO COOL MUAHAHA HHA BWAHAHAHH. Yeah, awsome... get a life and don't reply to my threads if your going to say dumb pointless ****.
shut up noob biatch. when you get an evo,then you can talk.your just kid who wants a evo.