Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

should i be pissed or not

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Find another dealer right now. Don't waste your time.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PGDlancer
do you know for a fact that it is in ct? if not, they could be getting a car with a lot of test drive miles on it from somewhere closer. just a thought. good luck!!

That's a good point...the dealership might be still trying to locate one for you...especially an evo...they might be having a hard time because most dealerships don't like to trade their evos to other dealerships
Old May 24, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Why don't you just go get the car the car? That way you know for sure how it has been driven. I wouldn't be too upset over the 30 miles on the clock already they put around 10 to 12 miles on them doing PDI anyway and most dealers are retarded over who test drives an Evo and how they drive it.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
The cars are supposed to have been driven 2 miles in Japan before being shipped.

I got the pix's of the odo to prove it After pdi( predelivery inspection) I ended up driving out the lot with 3 miles...LUCKY ME!
Old May 24, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

this whole deal is kind of a favor to begin with. let me explain-
went to the mitsu dealer and talked to them got a price and everything. i was also looking around for other cars as we have friends that own car dealerships. while i was on an audi lot i acutally spoke to the owner and when the evo came up he said "just let me know if thats what you want ill call the owner of that dealership and he will get you the car"
so as a favor i have the owner from one major dealership calling another to get me the car. the mitsu dealer had his manager or whatever find the car in ct, white 05 with ssl package, plus its got some different pedals shift knob and the gauge package, which i didnt ask for but i guess im getting. so really as much as i would love to argue the price down and everything more because of the miles, i also have the obligation somewhat of taking the car due to it being a favor. dont get me wrong i REALLY want this car. so yea its going to have a sh*tload more miles on it than im confortable with, but hell i guess im getting a deal.
just out of curiosity ive been reading a lot and seen threads for people paying 31-32k. is this financed so youre acutally paying a lot more than that? because my deal at somehwere under 35k is a cash deal... im also getting a lot more for my jeep than i should be getting which is nice.
edit-
while i wrote all of this there were a few posts. i am assuming its in ct because i checked inventories around mass and nobody had one, and since this is all being done as a favor between dealers i should hope they are being honest with eachother. also the only reason i am not picking up the car is because i am at school in philly and am buying the car in boston 300 miles away

Last edited by jjm4life; May 24, 2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

What you could do is accompany them on the dealer trade drive. That way you 'll know what's going down over there in Chinatown.

Old May 24, 2005, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by quiksilverevo26
I got the pix's of the odo to prove it After pdi( predelivery inspection) I ended up driving out the lot with 3 miles...LUCKY ME!
I just said they're supposed to. Mine only had 4 miles after PDI, but the first 2 were done in Japan before it shipped. It came off the truck with those 2.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I just said they're supposed to. Mine only had 4 miles after PDI, but the first 2 were done in Japan before it shipped. It came off the truck with those 2.
Mine had 20 when I got it and it needed new brakes a month later.

Old May 24, 2005, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jjm4life
this whole deal is kind of a favor to begin with. let me explain-
went to the mitsu dealer and talked to them got a price and everything. i was also looking around for other cars as we have friends that own car dealerships. while i was on an audi lot i acutally spoke to the owner and when the evo came up he said "just let me know if thats what you want ill call the owner of that dealership and he will get you the car"
so as a favor i have the owner from one major dealership calling another to get me the car. the mitsu dealer had his manager or whatever find the car in ct, white 05 with ssl package, plus its got some different pedals shift knob and the gauge package, which i didnt ask for but i guess im getting. so really as much as i would love to argue the price down and everything more because of the miles, i also have the obligation somewhat of taking the car due to it being a favor. dont get me wrong i REALLY want this car. so yea its going to have a sh*tload more miles on it than im confortable with, but hell i guess im getting a deal.
just out of curiosity ive been reading a lot and seen threads for people paying 31-32k. is this financed so youre acutally paying a lot more than that? because my deal at somehwere under 35k is a cash deal... im also getting a lot more for my jeep than i should be getting which is nice.
edit-
while i wrote all of this there were a few posts. i am assuming its in ct because i checked inventories around mass and nobody had one, and since this is all being done as a favor between dealers i should hope they are being honest with eachother. also the only reason i am not picking up the car is because i am at school in philly and am buying the car in boston 300 miles away
I don't understand how you are getting any favor when you are being charged way more than it's worth...even more than MSRP, while everyone else is getting great deals on 05s since the IX is about to come out. You are about to pay as much for a GSR as I did for my MR back in October, the DAY it arrived on the lot. I was the 1st MR on the road in the area. You should not pay anywhere near what I did when it's now 8months later and you have a less expensive model.

And if I recall, you aren't even in CT, so how does that help you? You could definitely find an 05 in philly or down here in the DC area, which is MUCH closer to you than CT (home). Was there a reason you had to buy it in CT?

Also, on the finance question, yes, I'm sure 99% of those 31-32k deals have financing on top of them (for a total of 35-37k), but that's no reason for you to pay MORE due to cash. Most of the time, you can get a BETTER deal if you're paying cash, because there is no hassle and no risk. Some may say that there is no incentive to the dealer due to not being able to make interest profit off of you, but that's not the case. I have never financed with a dealership, and it hasn't ever affected the negotiation process. People who have cash are usually able to buy the same car for much less than someone who has to finance. Again, I would not pay more than 30-31k in your position.

Last edited by Warrtalon; May 24, 2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

35 grand after tax and license is a good deal. It's after tax and license, right? If it is, please disregard my previous statement about the price. That means you're getting it for 32 or 33. That's not too shabby in my book. Don't forget to ask for a free key chain.

Last edited by dizzigital; May 24, 2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
How are they doing you a favor? Dealers trade cars all the time maybe not from different makes but, that doesn't really matter. You are giving them your business and therefore your money. Don't fall for that "We're doing you a favor" BS. That's just a way of the dealership getting some leverage to guilt you into paying what they want.

Is there not a Mitsu dealer by you? Look on the internet for the car you want. Then let your local Mitsu. dealer make the trade with the other Mitsu. dealer.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

What dealership in CT is this coming from? What color is the Evo?
Old May 24, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

personally i would be irate about this. you are paying for a NEW car not a car that has 150 miles on it. plus the customer is always right and if they want your money they will get you another one. i bought mine in full for 34500 back in dec. they told me at the time that mine was 1 of only 5 on the east coast in wicked white so they had to get mine from delaware. i asked the dealer how they were going to get it here and they told me that 2 salesmen would drive out in another lancer evo(dealer exchange) and they would drive mine back. i immediatly told them that was not an option and if the car had more then 10 miles on it that they would have to get another one for me. so they sent a flatbed tow truck out to get it. it had 5 miles after pdi. don't be afraid to ask for your money back and go somewhere else.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

You are getting screwed. You should be paying $500 over invoice at most. You do not want a car which has been driven for 150+mi. during the break in period. Run away from this deal, there will be other Evos.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

maybe i wasnt being clear. the favor being done for me is that the owner of many car dealers called his buddy who owns a mitsu dealer. the mitsu dealer then found me the car in ct. i am from boston i got to school in philly so either way the car is nowhere near me. i have been to other dealerships but they either didnt want to deal witha 20 yr old, or they would try to make me a deal for a car on the lot for less money. i never got into specific prices for exactly what i wanted because no one would qoute me for it. its actually funny one dealer i forget where was all for me going to a test drive and then when they took a copy of my license they realized i was only 20 and then wanted to play it off like they were never going to give me the keys so i walked out.
but i take it 35 is way too much and i am getting screwed here. i am not sure if its 35 after taxes ect or before because my father is dealing with the dealership and not me. when i asked him how much he told me 35 which works out to be 15k with my jeep as a trade in.