Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

should i be pissed or not

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should i be pissed or not

so i jsut got off the phone with my father he went to the dealer to see if my evo was in yet. the manager wasnt in and neither was the car. so just out of curiosity i had him ask how many miles were on the car. another guy from the dealer said 30 and wanted to give my father the whole "its not like this is going to be a collectors car or something" speach. so right there i know its been test driven. so then i ask my dad when is the truck coming in. he tells me someone drove down to go get the evo in ct and then drive it back to mass.... now im getting worried. should i be worried or pissed off that im going ot buy a brand new car with around 150 miles on it that the dealer put on picking up the car for me? not to mention the almost 30 miles it had on it from the dealer in ct.
has anyone driven a white evo with ssl package on a test drive recently in ct? id be interested to know if anyone on here has test driven my car. i cant decide if im upset or just happy that the car is almost mine. im just venting i guess. thanks
mat
Old May 24, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

I would be upset. I don't want a car that the dealer took a mini road trip in.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jjm4life
so i jsut got off the phone with my father he went to the dealer to see if my evo was in yet. the manager wasnt in and neither was the car. so just out of curiosity i had him ask how many miles were on the car. another guy from the dealer said 30 and wanted to give my father the whole "its not like this is going to be a collectors car or something" speach. so right there i know its been test driven. so then i ask my dad when is the truck coming in. he tells me someone drove down to go get the evo in ct and then drive it back to mass.... now im getting worried. should i be worried or pissed off that im going ot buy a brand new car with around 150 miles on it that the dealer put on picking up the car for me? not to mention the almost 30 miles it had on it from the dealer in ct.
has anyone driven a white evo with ssl package on a test drive recently in ct? id be interested to know if anyone on here has test driven my car. i cant decide if im upset or just happy that the car is almost mine. im just venting i guess. thanks
mat
2 things:

1) I would NOT buy the car if it had more than 10 miles on it (<5 preferably).

2) The price they're giving you is about 5k too much, so I wouldn't deal with them at all to begin with. People on here have claimed time and time again that they have been able to get 05s for invoice or even LESS than invoice. Unless you are dead set on a white 05 w/SSL, you should look around at other dealerships and try to pay no more than 31k.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

i bought one with 30 miles on it, right now i have 5300, so far so good. it was driven in from another dealer because i wanted a silver one. try to get them to drop the price a lil. just remember, u can always say, "meh i dont want it" and they'll come running back to U. remember that.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

150 miles is alot. And they still call that a Brand new car. Its probably been beat up. 20 miles on mine when I bought it. I would be really be upset.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I think you should be ok as long as the person who drives it doesn't do anything stupid.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dizzigital
I think you should be ok as long as the person who drives it doesn't do anything stupid.
I would never pay 35k on that assumption.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

The first miles are the most crucial ones, if the car wasnt broken in right it might have problems down the road. I know how it feels to get a new car, but dont rush into it. Try to get them to drop the price or something, cause its not right doing that without letting you know.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you are pissed-off, you are pissed off, if you are not, then you are not. If it concerns you then it means it bothers you, if it bothers you then you may or may not get pissed off but that is totally up to you. Why are you asking us?
Personally I got my car with 4 miles on the ODO, but I was upto 150 miles in no time. I really doesn't matter as you still have another 650 miles to break-in the car properly.

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; May 24, 2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

ide be uneasy about the situation and either have them get you a car with preferably 5 or less miles on it. if they dont want to do that go somewhere else. i picked mine up with 4 miles on it.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

you should be fine...when dealers pick cars up from other dealers they usually have old retired f***s driving them. You should just be excited when the car comes in. My friend had 200 miles when he got his and his 05 are one of the strongest stock evos out there...
Can't say that for me though, I had .1 mile on it....Straight off the truck...Well it helps to work at a dealership
Old May 24, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I can get you a white MR for less than sticker...
Old May 24, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I would never pay 35k on that assumption.
Oh yeah, me neither.

That price is no good.
Old May 24, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

do you know for a fact that it is in ct? if not, they could be getting a car with a lot of test drive miles on it from somewhere closer. just a thought. good luck!!
Old May 24, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by quiksilverevo26
you should be fine...when dealers pick cars up from other dealers they usually have old retired f***s driving them. You should just be excited when the car comes in. My friend had 200 miles when he got his and his 05 are one of the strongest stock evos out there...
Can't say that for me though, I had .1 mile on it....Straight off the truck...Well it helps to work at a dealership
The cars are supposed to have been driven 2 miles in Japan before being shipped.