Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Vs. C5 Vette Pissing match...(Rednecks Within)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to amuse yourself just go on some Corvette forum and say that you just blew the doors off some guy driving a new C6, and then duck out. It's like taking a whack at a hornets nest with a big stick. See what happens.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:57 AM

I find silly internet arguments amusing, but I usually feel like my brain is going to explode after reading them. We all have our bias/opinions on cars and on the internet alot of people take it to the extreme. Personally if it is a RWD or AWD sports car, sports sedan or sport wagon there is a good chance I'm into it. I do prefer Turbo cars for some reason.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone ever watches Best Motoring DVD's they would know that NSX's, EVO's, and S2000's regularly destroy exotic cars like Ferrari's and Porsche's. The cornering speed and exit speed of these cars are truly phenomenal. It's actually quite an achievement that these 3 cars with 240-280 hp in JDM spec can beat cars with 400-500 hp on a track. If the "Drift King" Tsuchiya is driving the NSX, forget about it......he's an NSX master. So their shabby comment about a Firebird (a Firebird!!??), beating an EVO on a track is absolutely absurd and ignorant.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by yesevo
is c6 still using push rod ?
Yep. Hard to believe isn't it. Sorta like still running the wishbone or single-wing offense in football.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:11 AM

If any car is a "straight line car" an F-body or Mustang is more so than an EVO. I guess it depends on what you mean by a track. Some are all about drag racing and some road racing. Personally I'd say the Firebird would have to watch out either way. Oh and Best Motoring videos are awesome.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:25 AM

Now to recap what I've learned from this thread:

Purdue students arent the brightest students around, nor do they have any common sense. To tell you the truth, I think they are in denial because they wont admit that some import cars can beat the $hit out of their "American Muscle Cars"
Old May 26, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evonsx
Yep. Hard to believe isn't it. Sorta like still running the wishbone or single-wing offense in football.
Hey! Are you trying to insult me?!
Old May 26, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Somebody should post the Evo vs Lambo video on that site to see what they think.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pb24dagrk
no, i don't own one....i've been interested in them for a while, but i'm just not an import guy enough to own one...i browse this forum when i'm bored and to learn up on evos whenever i can....plus my brother will be getting a new car soon and i've recommended it to him............but what i said it's true, i see just as much bullsh1t and ignorance on this forum as any other forum...wether it's on the evo forums, sti forums, vette forums, cobra forums, i see false information thrown out from every angle about every car
have you ever seen a evo w/ 5.6 0-60? i have never ead a post in here that would go to the extreme of saying an evo would beat any car out there in every aspect. most evo owners understand our cars have no top end. for 5gs you can though. we conceide when we are beaten unlike muscle car owners who think hp and tq are the only two things that matter in the world. almost everytime these purdue 20 year olds speak, it is wrong. like when they said evos stock tires suck. or that evos suspension sucks. or how the responsive steering is not advantageous. or how could you drive stick an in evo if everytime you hit a bump you lost control. you can make a 90 degree turn at 40 and let go of the wheel while sliding and the car will come back to you on its own. to name a FEW.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:52 AM

You are also talking about internet keyboard racers. They probably still drive the '96 Ford Taurus their parents gave them. It's funny to see the ignorant posts, but that's pretty much to be expected by a bunch of kids who know little about cars.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Bechtold
You are also talking about internet keyboard racers. They probably still drive the '96 Ford Taurus their parents gave them. It's funny to see the ignorant posts, but that's pretty much to be expected by a bunch of kids who know little about cars.
Hey now, I drove a 94' Sable for YEARS. (This was before I got 'into' cars) I never changed the oil, transmission fluid, washer fluid, or ANY fluid. It finally died in a dramatic smokey blaze. I hated that car.

You should have seen the technician's face when I said "there's a FLUID for BRAKES?!"

Push come to shove, I get a Miata, and I've come leaps and bounds from where I once was. That was the car that actually got me excited to drive.

Moral of the story?
Those Perdue studiests aren't half as 'smart' as I was when I had the Sable.
Old May 26, 2005, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by whiteEv0boy
Purdue students arent the brightest students around, nor do they have any common sense. To tell you the truth, I think they are in denial because they wont admit that some import cars can beat the $hit out of their "American Muscle Cars"
Well, unfortunately, there are some "not so brights" at Purdue. But you'll get that anywhere. I am a Purdue grad, and I just bought an MR. I remember when some of the F-body guys were complaining about the classification of the Evo in SCCA IIRC. I'm assuming they weren't complaining that the Evo was too slow.

You have to understand that a lot of people in that area grew up with the whole Chevy vs. Ford thing. It's almost like religion with some people. They will believe what they want to becasue it's what they've been told. Once they start doing some research on their own, they may discover some new paths. That's my .02 anyway.
Old May 26, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

to the guy who thinks his stock SS will beat an Evo around a roadcoarse...
Old May 26, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HorinayHotiness
If you want to amuse yourself just go on some Corvette forum and say that you just blew the doors off some guy driving a new C6, and then duck out. It's like taking a whack at a hornets nest with a big stick. See what happens.

LOL.
Old May 26, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiteEv0boy
Now to recap what I've learned from this thread:

I am a Purdue student. Surely that is a selective statement and not general relating to everyone because a majority of the people there are very intelligent. There are always a few in every crowd that can misrepresent 38,000 people....and the I believe 3rd best engineering school in the country.

Suprisingly I see a couple Evo's , Supra's, SRT-4 (GASP!), a 240sx that I would swear is a Silvia...and some other stuff.