Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Vs. C5 Vette Pissing match...(Rednecks Within)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great, and the twin turbo lingenfelter is only $165,000! Somehow I don't think Al and Turbotrix have spent $135K extra on their 9-second evos... I could be wrong...
Old May 26, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Civics can run that fast, if you drop that kind of money into them.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Civics can run that fast, if you drop that kind of money into them.
If you drop that kind of money into a civic you need yo' head checked
Old May 26, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02
Oh yeah, and for the douche that posted the 8 second Lingenfelter vette run on here - for ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS, someone could probably build an EVO that was faster.
yea, it pays to do it in style

obviously people who shell out that kind of money arn't on a budget, so that's kind of a lame argument if you ask me (comparing prices)...vettes just have an expensive aftermarket

why spend money on an evo when you could get a fox body 5.0 for a grand, and run 8's after a few extra thousands???

bottom line 1,000 HP is 1,000 HP..doesn't matter how you got there...although there's nothing sexier than a 427 twin turbo
Old May 26, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02
Evo = maybe guys concerned with ***** size and how fast they can go, either in a straight line or through curves.

Vette = guys who definitely are concerned with ***** size, and who obviously feel threatened by the "ricers"... they just need more of that grecian formula stuff to cover up the gray hairs. (The 911 guys don't seem to feel so threatened, at least not on the highway, imho.)

I hate this kind of ****. I like the SRT4, I love the new vette, the vipers, the european exotics, and no one can find fault with the last two years of the SVT Cobras (or the SS Camaros....)

I wouldn't mind having an SRT-10 TRUCK, for God's sake - if a vehicle is awesome - it's awesome.

I guess I just wish people would quit with the BS.

Totally agree..
Old May 26, 2005, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor

before i even read it, papa, perdue, this has to be good.. yeeeehaaawwwww
Old May 26, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah so i would like to find the dude i raced in the c5 a couple weeks ago and let him read this and say what he thought. It problay be along the lines. That lancer is fugging fast. Anyways my 350 ferria will smoke everything........................................ ..............................I wish
Old May 26, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

And the point of this post is? The thread was started on that board a year and a half ago.

Don't get so defensive over a bunch of Pushrod Punks.....just show them what our little "4-bangers" can do.
Old May 27, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Wow, next they'll be saying how their 60000$ car is soooo much better than the 15000$ civic. Really, its like comparing the vette to a viper, it's a completely different class of car.
the problem with a vette and a viper comparison is that there is one... vettes compete very well with vipers.
Old May 27, 2005, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

everyone who read that thread is now just a little bit more stupid now...including myself . thank you for the exposure
Old May 27, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

So I read the argument, and all I have to say is that they have no respect. I understand that American muscle carsare powerful, and very dominant in drag racing, but in autoX and what not...come on. I have always loved cars and I try to view each ones specialties, but people being just plain ignorant a$$es really gets me going. I wish that those die-hard American car guys would learn to respect all cars, not just those their dad's lived by.
Old May 27, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
the problem with a vette and a viper comparison is that there is one... vettes compete very well with vipers.
Well regardless, a viper would win against a vette, even though the vette might do very well, it would still lose, just as they argue that although an evo which costs 20000$ less would do very well, it would still lose. If you want a truly outrageous argument you could always say "well why bother with a vette, a mclaren F1 would spank you" or "a TVR Cerbera would beat you" or "[insert any car costing as much as a house here] would beat you".