Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Loking to buy Evo RS this weekend, requesting Info.

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2005, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loking to buy Evo RS this weekend, requesting Info.

Ok, Long time lurker few time poster here. Been following the 8 since it was released in NA in '03 and trying to get one since then.

I have decided i would prefer the RS over the other versions due to not wanting the Wing, and wanting the lowest price possible.

I live in the Southern California area near Anaheim for reference. I have at this time a 640 FICO with Equifax and I have not so good history on the report itself from bad debt around 1999. I make approximately $42k gross at this time with about half of that going away for expenses. I drive a '04 Mazda 3 with 17k owing on it at 6yr loan (seems to appraise for about 13k). Payments are ~$400 right now with ~$200 for insurance (quote on the evo for insurance will be ~$300 for me)

I want to try and take advantage of any memorial day / end of the month sales going on now and trade in the Mazda for an Evo this weekend. Right now i pay about $600 a month for the car and would love to pay about that for the EVO. I am thinking if i can get a lease on the EVO i can do this and it would work out better for me in the long run.

If anyone has any help or advice for me feel free to help, any connection in this area wouldnt hurt as well. A big question would be what do you think i would need for a downpayment to get what i want above

Thanks =)
Old May 26, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Right,

I own 05 white RS, remember:

No:
power windows, mirrors, spoiler, abs, radio, and other small stuff. AS far for me?
I dont really care, got the radio from evo8 for $25 bux, its all pre-wired for stereo system and 50 bux for speakers front/rear, I use the car everyday to work 50miles both ways.

My RS is not stock - Sure everything is simple and manual but trouble free for long run i pay $400 a month for 60mo. after its paid of iam thinking to make full race car (weekend and get something luxury)

good luck with buy. we need more RS's
Old May 26, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

My boy, Ted Fenton, wrote the book (or website, as the case may be) on purchasing a new/used or lease...check it out!

TedFenton
Old May 26, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

For $600 a month get yourself a GSR and just take the wing off. If you get an RS, you'll soon miss the conveniences of the GSR.
I've never heard of an Evo being leased.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bobj
Ok, Long time lurker few time poster here. Been following the 8 since it was released in NA in '03 and trying to get one since then.

I have decided i would prefer the RS over the other versions due to not wanting the Wing, and wanting the lowest price possible.

I live in the Southern California area near Anaheim for reference. I have at this time a 640 FICO with Equifax and I have not so good history on the report itself from bad debt around 1999. I make approximately $42k gross at this time with about half of that going away for expenses. I drive a '04 Mazda 3 with 17k owing on it at 6yr loan (seems to appraise for about 13k). Payments are ~$400 right now with ~$200 for insurance (quote on the evo for insurance will be ~$300 for me)

I want to try and take advantage of any memorial day / end of the month sales going on now and trade in the Mazda for an Evo this weekend. Right now i pay about $600 a month for the car and would love to pay about that for the EVO. I am thinking if i can get a lease on the EVO i can do this and it would work out better for me in the long run.

If anyone has any help or advice for me feel free to help, any connection in this area wouldnt hurt as well. A big question would be what do you think i would need for a downpayment to get what i want above

Thanks =)
Dude, Hunting Beach Mitsubishi is selling 05 RS's for $200 over invoice. My friend bought his there. You need to call Tom at HB Mitsubishi..he'll hook you up! I'll get you his number from work tomorrow.

-CI
Old May 26, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Mark Mitsubishi here is selling the Evo8 and MR $100 over invoice... iam sure they would glady do the same for an RS.
Old May 26, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

MR for $100 over! grab it fast. PM ed you.

Originally Posted by cloudy
Mark Mitsubishi here is selling the Evo8 and MR $100 over invoice... iam sure they would glady do the same for an RS.

Last edited by zmeli; May 26, 2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old May 26, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get either the gsr or mr, forget the rs
good luck on trying to get any evo leased
Old May 27, 2005, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zmeli
MR for $100 over! grab it fast. PM ed you.
If i had the money i would. Plus i like th EB, and damn MR doesnt come in EB.
Old May 27, 2005, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and i didnt get your PM if that was directed towards you.
Old May 27, 2005, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bobj

Thanks =)

if you make 42k GROSS annually...why the hell are you even thinking about buying this car? dont be stupid and stick to your mazda until you save up money...paying outrageous monthly fees for a car is not worth the hassle
Old May 27, 2005, 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I got a few PM's to go over as well.

I am not planning on giong into "oh crap i cant eat" debt for this car. My basic question is this "How can i get the car i want with the payments i want"

I would prefer the Lease since it would lower payments, if that is not possible i would be glad to know that for sure.

The downpayment is a biggie in my mind right now on how much i should put down to meet the payments i want. I have no problems meeting the payments that i have posted above which is why i want to hit them with this new car.
Old May 27, 2005, 03:30 PM

Just to pop this back up to the top, one small question.

Has anyone here leased the EVO they are driving? Any other info would be appreciated as well. If Leasing is not an option at all then i want to know this for sure =)
Old May 27, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwoMix9900
if you make 42k GROSS annually...why the hell are you even thinking about buying this car? dont be stupid and stick to your mazda until you save up money...paying outrageous monthly fees for a car is not worth the hassle
Dude is right if you make 42k a year dont buy a evo get something better.......damn i wish i made 42k a year.........
Old May 27, 2005, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Question

I paid 28300 for the evo rs...Sticker MSRP 29050...Had some options on it (aluminum pedals) etc...and I live in the northeast region..

Sounds like I overpaid......what do you guys think?