Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car isnt running right...

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Just make sure you aren't running 22psi daily on pump gas. That isn't a good idea.

As for the issues, it's hard to diagnose since you got 3 mods put on at once. If there was only 1 variable, it would be much easier, but that's ok, I think you can figure it out with a little help if we can ask the right questions. The BOV is the obvious choice, since it it is often a source of trouble when people first get it installed. You sound pretty certain that the BOV is installed correctly, plus it was done professionally, so it's probably ok. Just make sure to check it agains the above pic when you get the car back.

As for the exhaust, did you do this yourself, or was everything installed for you? I just did my cat-back this week, and although I didn't have any trouble removing and re-installing the O2 sensor, I can see how it would be possible to mess it up and cause bad O2 readings. If the O2 is damage, then all sorts of things could go wrong like the timing being pulled whenever you try to boost. If you didn't do the exhaust yourself, then this would be tricky to troubleshoot. You can't just look under the car and see if it's damaged. The only thing you could see for sure is if the o2 cable is damaged, but that's not likely. One thing you need to do right away is read the CEL code to see what it says. You can do this for free at autozone/advanced auto, or if you have a logger.

You say the EBC holds boost steady at 22psi, so I assume this was on the car before the recent exhaust/BOV install since you know it holds boost, but you can't boost hardly at all now. Therefore, I don't guess this has anything to do with the EBC.

Ok all those mods were done all at once perfessionally, it never use to do it but for some reason it does it now.. this use also a used car, but it use to be my best friends.. i was i with him since he had the car untill now.. so i was there for the mods and so on.. Member i also have low and hi settings on the Ebc so im not always at 22 psi, and i only get that when i floor the car. But ill check on the BOV to make sure it is connected correctly. Ill be back to post up the codes when i get the car back... thanks a lot
Old May 28, 2005, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by sud0u
What's your mileage? Sound like your spark plugs need changing.

20000 it doesnt need them yet, but it does need an oil change i believe
Old May 28, 2005, 02:22 PM

My best friend told me it has to do with the Ebc, cause the fuel pump isnt use to the 22 psi, so i need to upgrade that and my fuel injectors so it can run with the high boost. So i think i solved my own problem but now i need to get a new fuel pump and injectors...