Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

racing on highway ticket HELP

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks!
Old May 28, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Grav
Come off it. Its all situational. Was the road abandoned? Was the area well lit? Etc. A lot of factors play into a safe speed, and I can guarantee that state bureaucrats who set the speed limits, aren't one of them. The current speed limits are revenue generators. People who are so quick to judge 'speeders' are just suck ups to authority. You want your cookie now for saying the token 'right' thing?
Exactly. I love the harsh judjments from people who are members of a forum dedicated to a car that was designed for one purpose: to go fast. I highly doubt there is a person here that has not done something on the street that could be considered "reckless" by someone's standards.

Last edited by taylor; May 28, 2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old May 28, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amen, to each his own. If you feel like going 100 in a 50 by all means go right ahead. No one is ever thinking of the consequences when they go that fast, only when they get caught. You cannot have a fast car and be a model driver 100% of the time. I am neither with you nor against you for your crime but best of luck to you anyway.
Old May 28, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
it sucks. im thinking walk in there and be like il pay triple the amout to drop the racing ticket. and ill eat the speeding 1. at least i won the race .lol
BAD IDEA. the judge will get pissed if you try to do that. just get a lawyer, its your best chance of getting it reduced (plus if you are really dying to get rid of that cash, i'm sure they will be able to help you out :P)

and next time try being a bit more... selective about where you do 127mph
Old May 29, 2005, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Grav
Come off it. Its all situational. Was the road abandoned? Was the area well lit? Etc. A lot of factors play into a safe speed, and I can guarantee that state bureaucrats who set the speed limits, aren't one of them. The current speed limits are revenue generators. People who are so quick to judge 'speeders' are just suck ups to authority. You want your cookie now for saying the token 'right' thing?
Not really. Street racing is stupid. Keep it on the track.
Old May 29, 2005, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

haha i think you guys scared him off lol anyway any follow up?
Old May 29, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

fyi - street racing is for the people that dont have the *****, patience or money to race at the track.

n
Old May 29, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

here in AZ they also have aggressive driving. it is 3 tickets lumped into 1. we are allowed 8 points on our licenses & that ticket here is 8 points meaning a $500 fine AND 3 month suspension. i got 1 in 99 & i also found out that the ticket eventually falls BUT THE POINTS NEVER GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also had gotten another ticket a month after that for "exhibition of speed" which is also 8 points. so as long as i stay in AZ i will always have 16 points on an 8 point license system. maybe you need to go out & get that Passport 8500 X50 & the laser shifter...
Old May 29, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by mboza79
dude get a lawyer. pay him tell him u were not racing and he will hopefully get it taken care of

LAWYER: So, where you racing?
EVO OWNER: "No, I wasn't racing"
LAWYER: "if that's the case where the hell are you headed going 127mph?"
EVO OWNER:
Old May 29, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Get a lawyer! I got a reckless for 88 in a 55. I took a driving school before the court date hoping to get it reduced but no luck. I'm glad it was out of state.
Old May 29, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jgainesia
You couldve crashed and killed your "Girl" or anyone else's "Girl" in a different car.. get some ****ing brains, like that one guy said - its people like you who ruin it for everyone else. I don't go 5 mph over with anyone else in the car with me, just because I care about them.. I hope you do lose your cdl and everything that way you won't ever ****ing do it again.
5 over? Get over it gramps. Youre telling us that you never went over 70 on an empty freeway with someone in the car. For god sakes when I was living in Cali normal freeway speed was 80 in the valley; if you were going any slower you would be holding everyone up.
Old May 29, 2005, 04:34 PM

5 over was kind of sarcastic but im talking the whole general idea of street racing, i mean with people in your car , your now responsible for their lives too. He was going 127 in a 50. 127 on the interstate is bad enough.
Old May 29, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

hey.. that happened to me before and i was worrying my *** off about it... no biggie really.. since its your first offense.. just plead guilty and most likely they will put you on probation for 6 month and have you take a defensive driving test..... if you pass the test early.. your probational period ends early... atleast thats what happened to me..
Old May 29, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't sweat it. street racing is peanuts compared to the actual crimes that happen in society. i think some of the replies were written by people who live ignorant sheltered lives.
Old May 31, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

http://forums.racingpensacola.com/vi...=159006#159006

this goes out to all the people that think that street racing is a joke Bay Front is a local hang out in pensacola were street racing happens every few minutes

Last edited by mcpcola; May 31, 2005 at 09:01 AM.

Quick Reply: racing on highway ticket HELP