Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

citation...this sucks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
citation...this sucks

Damn this sucks..I got a citation for goin 55 in a 50 workzone; I know I still went over in a work area, but do you think I got pulled over bc its the beginning of the month and quotas needed to be filled? btw i got pulled over on june 1...any opinions??
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:11 PM

Cops can be a stupid a$$
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

If you have ever stood on the side of the road with cars going by you like construction, police, etc, it is not comfortable. They put the speeds low so people don't get waffled. 5mph over is kinda lame for a ticket. as far as quotas, if they had a quotas at the end is when they would be pushing hard.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My first ticket ever was for 5 over - at the tender age of 16.

The fact that it was a workzone really sucks - I'd definitely go to court to fight it otherwise... still might anyway.

Up to you ...
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

it depends on the general traffic flow. there's work areas on the highway here, and during rush hour, everyone's doing 70 in a 50 zone, no biggie, since the workers aren't there, but yea, 5mph over is lame.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:24 PM

yea kazz, my friends said it was best if i go to court...btw im 17 right now so it sucks..thanks for the input everyone
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

meh, I dunno how/if you can fight it, unless you get a lawyer. I got a ticket a while back, went to court myself ... needless to say, I now have 2 points on my record and ended up not paying the ticket, but I paid for court costs which were actually like $5-$10 higher than the actual ticket heh
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Cops HATE people who do anything remotely illegal around work zones, accidents, or anything else a government official is working on... Lesson learned, I got pulled over for driving past an accident (the cop didn't like how loud the exhaust was, told me next time I should drive slower and quieter around an accident)
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Race VIII
Damn this sucks..I got a citation for goin 55 in a 50 workzone; I know I still went over in a work area, but do you think I got pulled over bc its the beginning of the month and quotas needed to be filled? btw i got pulled over on june 1...any opinions??
thats a minor ticket already, 2 pter... u go in and u do a plea bargain, they will automatically drop you to a zero pter....
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:36 PM

Should it say on the paper that I received from the cop how many points I got b/c I don't see it anywhere...When the cop pulled me over, he said that usually for going over in a work area he would give a $150 fine but he only gave me a $25 seat belt violation (i had my seatbelt on) bc he said that he autox's with his friend's Evo from time to time and I guess he let me go bc he likes the car ...
Old Jun 1, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
My first ticket ever was for 5 over - at the tender age of 16.

The fact that it was a workzone really sucks - I'd definitely go to court to fight it otherwise... still might anyway.

Up to you ...
I dont mean to contradict you in anyway, but what is there to fight? Wouldnt a judge just laugh at you for trying?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

was the workzone speed limit 50mph? or was the posted speed limit 50mph?

5mph is kind of lame tho..i always have this rule where i never go over 10% of the posted speed limit..after two tickets i needed a limit i could keep myself good luck with the ticket
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

after 2 tickets I get a $75 radar detector from Radio Shack. didn't do **** for my 3rd. 81 in a 60 that *AFTER BEING NICE TO A COP* was reduced to 75 in 60. I'm still going through my lawyer so that way I don't have anymore crap to deal with.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:17 PM

maybe it was the fact that u are in an EVO.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 04:19 AM
Evolving Member

man, i'd definetly go to court. I'm prety sure there is like some bargin deal you can take.. i mean, for only 5 over, you could argue that the angle that you were reading the spedometer made it appear as if you were doing a measley 52.. are you tall? 55 in a 50? man that's like getting a ticket in a school zone!

Quick Reply: citation...this sucks