Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

broken front windshield - help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2005 | 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

broken front windshield - help!

I broke my front windshield and am having a harder time than I thought replacing it. Has anyone replaced their front windshield? Who did you go through and what did it cost?

The best I've found so far is almost $600, mostly because they had to order the glass through Mitsu...

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

replace it with the regular lancers windsheild a few pounds more, abut a few hundred less
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 10:56 PM
Former Vendor

i have an es windshield in mine.. 450..
Old Jun 2, 2005 | 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

$100 deductable-es windshield.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

I know I've listed the part number before and someone prior had posted a link to the Evo windshield with price by PN for Mitsubishi Parts net. I think the tread was titled "Evo winshield is different from Lancer windshield" or something close to that.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Mistu does produce 2 different windshields for the Lancer model... one has a GM mirror bracket, and the other has a Honda mirror bracket... both windshields will fit and the weight difference isn't noticable.. i do this for a living and buying a windshield straight from Mitsu is a waste because they can't warranty it anyways.... that is, unless you get the windshield changed by the same company they sub out to.. but it's still not worth it...

the only thing i can tell you is to check with your insurance company for your comprehensive deductible and what kind of glass will be used.. i'd prefer LOF or PPG over anything else..... not that other companies aren't good, but you don't want aftermarket crap...
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

For those of you with the Lancer ES windshields, how long have you had them in and have you had problems? I've heard mixed things about putting a Lancer windshield on an evo
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

I had my es window in for a year now.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

I was quoted $225 for EVO windsheild and included installation at my house.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eve-slow
can you tell me the company? Hopefully its a nation wide brand. Are you sure its the right windshield? I was quoted $217 by Safelite, but when they showed up it was a lancer windshield, not an evo one. Now the quote is almost $600
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like a lie.. its amazing that with the amount of insurance we pay on this car we cant get the window fixed..
Originally Posted by eve-slow
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dyuyeno
can you tell me the company? Hopefully its a nation wide brand. Are you sure its the right windshield? I was quoted $217 by Safelite, but when they showed up it was a lancer windshield, not an evo one. Now the quote is almost $600
the reason why it was $217 for Safelite is because Safelite uses the cheapest of the cheap glass, it's aftermarket, and NOT approved by OEM specs... they manufacture their own glass and they're also "in bed" with Progressive insurance... they WILL steer you to Safelite... it happens all the time to us, so don't forget that YOU, the CUSTOMER, has a right to bring your car to ANY shop you want to.... if you go through insurance, the glass company you choose already has pricing set up through the insurance company and all you're responsible for is your deductible..

if anyone has more questions plz pm me.. i like to educate people on how the insurance industry is corrupting our economy
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

im getting my windshield replaced AGAIN!!.....the first time they put in ****ty aftermarket glass AKA the cheapest they could fined......this time i told them i what OEM glass for the EVO nothing less........they said ok no problem (ERIE Glass Repair)......same price for me 100$......the evo windshield is not cheap but remember your windsheid will save your @ss in a accident.

Last edited by djmikeymike; Jun 3, 2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

If the deductible is the same, then why not go for the full EVO windshiled? My auto policy allows me to spend up to $900 (a few years ago) on claims before I get any premium increase penalties.
Old Jun 3, 2005 | 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kdogg
If the deductible is the same, then why not go for the full EVO windshiled? My auto policy allows me to spend up to $900 (a few years ago) on claims before I get any premium increase penalties.
I'm trying to avoid my insurance company all together. I have a high deductable anyway.

Quick Reply: broken front windshield - help!