Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Salvage EVO 8

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Salvage EVO 8

There is a Salvage-title 2003 EVO 8 for sale with about 15K miles on it. Everything has been repaired and the car is running fine with no problem at all.

How much do you guys think it should be?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

With a salvaged title, pretty cheap. It really depends on how bad the damage is. To get a new title it has to pass some serious inspections. Just repairing a brand new totalled car(3yrs old or newer), especially as expensive as mitsubishi parts are, in most cases would not be worth it in my opinion.

In some rare instances its worth doing it where the damage is not nearly as bad as the estimation makes it out to be. You can pick up a car for next to nothing. Drop a few thousand in it and pass inspection and there you go.

I know some guys that do that as their business. They have a body/paint shop where they fix up salvaged cars that they buy at an auction. They make anywhere from $4,000-15,000 profit per car from doing this. They fixed up a newer model Porsche they got for next to nothing and made a killing off of it. Just think of the possibilities with the right find.

Last edited by EVOONYOASS; Jun 5, 2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAN!!!!!!!!!

If its running great and it looks good visually and Mechanically I say

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Salvaged title = much less than a used car with the same miles and everything... if the car is just fixed up to stock level, I'd say under 20k at the most, but probably under 15k is all I'd pay... If the car is "fixed" up (aka really modded) then it's worth more, probably up to even 30-40k... A fully track prepped Evo with engine rebuild and a ton of other work (we're talking like Sparco Evo built from a salvaged Evo) I'd buy for around 30k. So depending on the work done on it, 10k+ is what I would say. But there are a lot of people selling wrecked Evos for pretty damn expensive now (I've seen some aroung 16k with as much damage as I've seen ones selling around 11k).
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Salvaged title = much less than a used car with the same miles and everything... if the car is just fixed up to stock level, I'd say under 20k at the most, but probably under 15k is all I'd pay... If the car is "fixed" up (aka really modded) then it's worth more, probably up to even 30-40k... A fully track prepped Evo with engine rebuild and a ton of other work (we're talking like Sparco Evo built from a salvaged Evo) I'd buy for around 30k. So depending on the work done on it, 10k+ is what I would say. But there are a lot of people selling wrecked Evos for pretty damn expensive now (I've seen some aroung 16k with as much damage as I've seen ones selling around 11k).
I guess that they are high in price for salvage in Utah. In NC, salvage evo's can goes as little as 10K.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought A salvage EVO , with a super clean hit in the front , It shouldnt have been a salvage but the guy wanted the money from his insurance , All it needed was a Raditor support and a hood and 2 front headlights , Not bad for Total price of 14,000 when i was done , I painted the whole car in my shop , A nice 2 stage paint . Well worth it my eyes if you wannna drive the car and not be scared of it too hurt something , Its just a car , But mine was 15,000 cheaper and still haveing all the fun as some went down and bought a new one . I guess if you can do your own work it helps .
Old Jun 6, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

nothing wrong wiht buying a salvage car as long as the job was done correctly !! , sometimes cars become salve over the smallest things like seats missing and headlights , so it really depends hwo u look at it , offcourse sometimes peopel buy a wrecked salvage car and then fix it up ghetto so it looks liek junk but it can happen with any clean title car as well
Old Jun 6, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

How much is it goin for man? Here theres a 03 with 19k miles on it for 19grand. So dont be spending to much.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey cleanevo what color did you paint it? Did you just repaint the stock color with a better 2 stage process? If so, I'd like to see some pics to see how much better than a stock paint job it is.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

yes i did a PPG 2 stage paint I did it the RR color . It would take a lot longer to do a different color , You would have too do all the door jams . And i love the Red , its such a nice color , I will try too get pics up sooner or later .
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:23 AM

hey cyberninja,

Do you mean those 10K salvage evo are already repaired or not?

Originally Posted by cyberninja
I guess that they are high in price for salvage in Utah. In NC, salvage evo's can goes as little as 10K.