Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Electrical HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MIevo8MR
I'm using all of existing Mitsu lighting wiring. Does that mean Mitsu doesn't know how to wire to the correct circuit? or does that mean the Defi D gauges are drawing a lot more current than the factory performance gauge package? I wouldn't imagine so, since the Defi Ds are backlite by bulb and not LED. I'll have to look at the electrical diagrams.

No, what I was referring to was how your gauges were interfaced with the mitsu wiring. As I have not undertaken this project myself, I do not know what it involved yet. Did you have to splice, or are there harnesses etc. However, I am an electrical engineer and have a good deal of field experience. That is the angle I am speaking from. If the fuse didn't pop as soon as power was turned on then it isn't a direct power to ground issue, but with the problem being intermittant, the troubleshooting process starts at the simplest possibility first.