Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

turbo showdown

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ Hah! I don't think "lame" will be the word in use.

AFAIK there are 2 schools of thought with the gt35r ... build up your 2.0l to give you more rpms, which = enough air to really push the 35r, or go with the stroker kit to accomplish the same thing at lower rpms. Personally I subscribe to the higher rpm school of thought. Partially because I loove the way high revving engines sound and partially because I personally wouldn't trust anyone to build a 2.3L+ for me that would reliably hold high boost and high rpms (let's say 8K).

l8r)
Old Jun 8, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
^^ Hah! I don't think "lame" will be the word in use.

AFAIK there are 2 schools of thought with the gt35r ... build up your 2.0l to give you more rpms, which = enough air to really push the 35r, or go with the stroker kit to accomplish the same thing at lower rpms. Personally I subscribe to the higher rpm school of thought. Partially because I loove the way high revving engines sound and partially because I personally wouldn't trust anyone to build a 2.3L+ for me that would reliably hold high boost and high rpms (let's say 8K).

l8r)
well a good school of thought would be a 2.2l build by like jun or tomei (bling bling, not saying it is going to happen) but with a 2.2l you could get a high 8.5 redline.