Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Everything I love and hate about my 05 evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys please talk in mpg.....miles per tank is not telling.

I get 18-19mpg with mixed driving.
I get 22-23mpg all highway.
I get 15-16mpg around town boosting alot and driving like a tool.

Mods: Dropin/mbc/fuel pump/dynoflash for 283qhp 303wtq
Old Jun 8, 2005, 08:12 AM

The thing I hate the most on my MR is the totally crap gauge package. They are small and you can't read them unless it is night or real low light conditions. I want to know what moron determined these gauges were the right choice. I would much rather have white/black or black/white. Oh yeah, lets also bury the optional guages down so low they are useless and put the radio up high were the sun makes it hard to see display. There will be some changes made.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evonsx
The thing I hate the most on my MR is the totally crap gauge package. They are small and you can't read them unless it is night or real low light conditions. I want to know what moron determined these gauges were the right choice. I would much rather have white/black or black/white. Oh yeah, lets also bury the optional guages down so low they are useless and put the radio up high were the sun makes it hard to see display. There will be some changes made.
I switched my gauges and radio...it's a direct snap-out/snap-in. I then moved the boost gauge over to the left and the voltage to the right, so now my boost gauge is only slightly to my right and at steering-wheel level while still looking stock.

I'll take a picture and show you after I get home from the track tonight (hopefully with some 7.9s in the 1/8th).
Old Jun 8, 2005, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by el producto
But the most annoying thing is this road noise right above my head where the winshield meets the head liner. All I hear is this clicking noise which has no random pattern just a clicking annoying sound that makes me have to put music on.
I'm pretty sure there is a TSB on the window rattle from Mitsu. A lot of the people who bought MRs had that problem. Dealer will fix that one at least.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I switched my gauges and radio...it's a direct snap-out/snap-in. I then moved the boost gauge over to the left and the voltage to the right, so now my boost gauge is only slightly to my right and at steering-wheel level while still looking stock.

I'll take a picture and show you after I get home from the track tonight (hopefully with some 7.9s in the 1/8th).
I have a new gauge plate and plan on swapping locations and using defi gauges. Then all i need is a way to change the colors on the dash to a white background and black markings.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vegasboy301
let me put it like this...

if my evo had a vagina... i would do it.
i agree 150%.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evonsx
I have a new gauge plate and plan on swapping locations and using defi gauges. Then all i need is a way to change the colors on the dash to a white background and black markings.
Factory gauges and colors are fine with me...here's the pic:

Old Jun 8, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

my only peeve about my 05 evo would be the cd player/ audio system. i didint upgrade to the infinity sound system. i have the stock mitsubishi one. but there is this little gap between the cd player and the silver piece that goes around the cd player and ac controls. well the other day driving home from work at about 6 in the morning so it was dark. i go to throw a cd in real quick not really watching where i put it. so as i wait to hear the cd start. it doesnt. i got stuck between the cd player and the silver piece. i'll just wait to get the cd out after i get either a new head unit or something.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
my only peeve about my 05 evo would be the cd player/ audio system. i didint upgrade to the infinity sound system. i have the stock mitsubishi one. but there is this little gap between the cd player and the silver piece that goes around the cd player and ac controls. well the other day driving home from work at about 6 in the morning so it was dark. i go to throw a cd in real quick not really watching where i put it. so as i wait to hear the cd start. it doesnt. i got stuck between the cd player and the silver piece. i'll just wait to get the cd out after i get either a new head unit or something.