Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Put a deposit down for my EVO Tonight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2002, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Put a deposit down for my EVO Tonight

Just got back from putting a deposit down on an EVO at Autohaus in Harrisburg PA. I'm the first on their list The salesman said that their Mitsubishi Rep. told them that the U.S. would only be getting 240 horsepower, so let's hope this isn't true. Any comments on this 240 horsepower thing are welcome. I was hoping for at least 260 to keep the mod bug from biting
Old Jan 15, 2002, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Put a deposit down for my EVO Tonight

Originally posted by FoxVR6
Just got back from putting a deposit down on an EVO at Autohaus in Harrisburg PA. I'm the first on their list The salesman said that their Mitsubishi Rep. told them that the U.S. would only be getting 240 horsepower, so let's hope this isn't true. Any comments on this 240 horsepower thing are welcome. I was hoping for at least 260 to keep the mod bug from biting
Sweet!! Now all ya have to do is enjoy ( ) the wait....

As far as the 240 hp goes....I think he was probably blowin smoke up yer butt. He was probably just coverin his a$$ in case it's low and trying to make himself look good if it's higher.

Welcome to the board!

Hooby
Old Jan 15, 2002, 10:54 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

The dealer is full of crap. What else do you expect from them?

Mitsubishi Motors Sales of America has specifically said that the car would be AT LEAST 250 HP. They wouldn't lie to us, would they?
Old Jan 16, 2002, 10:33 AM

Blowing smoke up my ace was also the feeling I was getting. He also *made* me test drive an OZ edition Lancer. I think he wanted to get a sale right then and there. No offense to any Lancer owners, but that car just doesn't do it for me. I love the way it looks, maybe if it had about 50 more horsepower, but then again, I'd rather just wait for the Evo.... Hurry up Mitsubishi
Old Jan 16, 2002, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm, well, they're not suppose to let u pre-order a car unless they have the vin number and all that stuff man, I heard it was illegal. I hope you got everything on paper, price and all.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 11:33 AM

I didn't *pre-order* a car. I put a deposit down that guarantees that I get the first Evo that the dealership gets at sticker price if I want it. My family has bought 4 new cars from this dealership, so I seriously doubt they will try any funny business, but if they do, it's my loss. It was a risk I was willing to take.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by djdaizzy
Hmm, well, they're not suppose to let u pre-order a car unless they have the vin number and all that stuff man, I heard it was illegal. I hope you got everything on paper, price and all.
It is done all the time. I've had money down several times on cars in the past.

Erik
Old Jan 16, 2002, 11:58 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

I put money down and signed a contract for my current car before they had any VIN number. That's what you have to do when you order a car from the factory.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 02:03 PM

What if we make a list here of the people who really is going to buy the EVO's when they come and just order it direct from one dealership?? Maybe this will save us a bundle ??

just a thought.....since most of sales rep in NJ are really out of whack.....

2cents....
Old Jan 16, 2002, 03:04 PM

I'm third on the list up at White Plains Mitsubishi in NY. But im not putting anything down till I see that car in a showroom.
Old Jan 16, 2002, 08:11 PM

I dont understand

Why is it taht some of you have gone to dealers and already got your name on the list. Some of your dealers have a few people alrady on there list. I goto my dealer...and they look at me like im crazy. I spent like 10mins yesterday (1-15-02) and had a smoke with like 4 of the dealers (they kept asking me questions about my car) and they had no idea or info about the Evo. They were like "no dealers will start a deposit list until we have a delivery date." Now, I know thus BS cause I had a deposit on a BMW almsot 6 months before people even knew what it would look like. I felt like saying something to the guy...but I figured is better if i shrug it off so when something solid happens, he will keep me in mind

(Sister-inlaw bought a yellow OZ rally from this dealer).

but...damn...i wunnu be on a list too.