Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

High flow cat!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High flow cat!

Just wondering if anyone one else out there has had issues with their high flow cat on an aftermarket tbe exhuast tripping the service engine soon light. I am under the impression that the high flow cat isnt efficeint enough to keep the rear o2 sensor from thinking something is wrong. Not a big deal, just want to know. I am looking to get an o2 simulator to hopefully keep the cel from coming on.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

I believe all high flow cats will throw CEL's. I know mine did before I did the mechanical fix.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Did you use the 02 simulator, or the extender thing the just removes the sensor from the exhaust flow?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

mine didn't do it for about 4 thousand miles but is doing it now
Old Jun 9, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8urv8
I am looking to get an o2 simulator .
forget that ^^^^
use spark plug anti-foulers = https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=114931
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

I have a high flow cat with my Buschur turboback and have no problems. Make sure you reset the ECU by unhooking the battery though. The changed response after the exhaust install will trigger a CEL.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

I have a high flow cat with my Buschur turboback and have no problems. Make sure you reset the ECU by unhooking the battery though. The changed response after the exhaust install will trigger a CEL.[/QUOTE] I didn't reset the ECU right after installing the exhaust and before starting the car for the first time with new exhaust, if that's what you mean. It took a bit of driving the car around before it came on. If I reset the ECU now, the light will stay off for about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the weather, then it will light back up. I assume it is because the o2 sensor takes that long to reach operating, then it trips the light thinking there is something wrong.