Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

e-manage part 2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking e-manage part 2

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with Greddy and was asking about the new e-manage that is suppose to be coming out next month. they said the new unit will have true ignition timeing control and better algorithims on the fuel. but the best they they said the e-manage 2 will be able to self teach. In another words, install a wide band o2 sensor in the exhaust track, type in the a/f ratio desired and do a couple runds. then it self calibrates. and they said this unit will do everything and more than a stand alone. It will also data log the info. I guess it will do everything the exede will do but half the price. I also asked about the problem with the ignition coils burning and they said that will be eliminated. Just to let you guys know to is that Greddy has a new turbo kit that will be released soon. I believe it will be a 20g bb turbo. This unit is suppose to be better than the 25g or t67 unit that is out now. Better response than the t67 and have just as strong number.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Price?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

are these the 'gold' units that I've been hearing about?

Damn, I hope my hardware can just take the firmware upgrade, that would rule!
Old Jun 10, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

I 'modified' my emanage to the new specs last weekend. The wbo2 is wired in and working brilliantly. The regular support tool doesn't do the auto-tune (AFAIK), and I can't get the new tool to connect (it's only a beta though).
Old Jun 10, 2005, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Have you tried the timing harness?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

The install link is your sig is mine, so yes. No problems yet, and it's been almost 2 years.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

992 do you still have the original e-manage? and yes it is the gold version.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

good work I just wish I would have found it BEFORE I figured out the install Could have saved an extra hour or two of searching.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by savageevo
992 do you still have the original e-manage? and yes it is the gold version.
Yes, it's a blue that's been hacked to a gold. The firmware version reads 1.42k (k is for gold, or so I hear). I am currently logging the wbo2 into the boost port, since there isnt any software yet to log the the new gold outputs to a text file so I can use it in Excel. I do have a private party logger that I'm going to try and use to log the wbo2 in the proper place, and let the pressure sensor read boost.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

good luck
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

anybody know if this is out yet?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

hmmm, i didn't mind the emanage, but i sold it thinking they will never improve, BUT, if they prove to have something like Vishnu then maybe i'll have to purchase again, any other thoughts about this? Where are people hearing about this?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

It's called the eManage Ultimate and it looks badass! I think it even has autotune capability and it uses REGULAR USB connections- no proprietary cables that lock out the self-tuner (finally a company that appreciates the little guy... plus they muast have seen that the cheap cones weren't stopping us from using the support tool software, but it WAS making them look like jerks for charging so much ) They fixed a lot of the firmware issues and a couple previously-additional harnesses are included onboard. I can't find my link, but I'm sure google will be able to help.

I think they retail for about $650.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/ind...0Installation:

it doesn't say anything about an Auto-tune feature, unless i read through to fast
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

I guess I will spill the beans. Yes they do have a 20g turbo kit out because they used my car as the test mule. They installed the 20g with the t67 exhaust manifold ( for you t67 owners this 20 will bolt right in) external wastegate. But the kit that is coming out will have a cast unit. They installed there intercooler down pipe, exhuast, replaced the radiator with there own, ( they have replacement radiators now. very nice units) and injectors I think they were 620cc. All this with the old emanage they were able to get 350whp with a very, very, very light tune. They have said that the stock computer did very well in managing the a/f ratio. Last week they installed the egold and doing more testing this week. What I know is that the egold uses the actual crank signal instead of the stock ecu. It has its own injector drivers instead changing the resistance of the signal the stock ecu has. I has wide band data loging which it uses to self teach to disired A/F. And a lot of other features. I told them to get as much HP out of my car. They mention installing bigger injectors like 700cc. They are aiming 450whp, without cams. I should get the car back next week. I will try to post dyno numbers when I get it. the emanage will cost about 600.00. don't know how much the 20g kit will cost. I will keep you all posted.

Quick Reply: e-manage part 2