Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

VIDEO: AMS EVO dyno pull

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KevPSR
It was around 3-4 cars...which equates to about a buslength, depending on what type of bus, it's max capacity and seating arrangements, ect ect..so yes, Terry is right about that.

The EVO(on pump gas) race with the TA was in Pensacola, while I was in Orlando all weekend with the Supra/Cobra folk...so that is a physical impossibilty for me to be in both places at once. So whatever happened on that race, I can not attest to, as I wasn't there.

Anymore questions?
No, that's it. A coworker knows the guy who raced Chris and I did not know that the race was the same weekend.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah cool...from what I hear, it was a verrry close race....which is pretty funny since the EVO "only" makes like 450whp at that boost. But again, I wasn't there, so can't attest to how the race went exactly, just going by the general consensus. I guess they are supposed to run again since the TA is getting more mods, and this time the EVO will be at it's usual boost.

But that is way offtopic, so sorry everyone!

Last edited by KevPSR; Jul 6, 2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

We'll have to get the next race on vid!!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

sorry formy ignorance buh what kind of car is a TA?

sorry I'm not familiar with american cars..
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
TA? TransAM ? pontiac...
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

I'd hate to drive that thing in traffic. Would be fun at the track though.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Volunteer
Any good Evo action on there? Chris's car maybe! Anywhere we can preview?
Lemme look and see if I can find the teaser videos

Last edited by KevPSR; Jul 6, 2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 11secEVO7
sorry formy ignorance buh what kind of car is a TA?

sorry I'm not familiar with american cars..
Your not missing anything, after the 70's they were trash. How bad would the Bandit have been with a twin-turbo of today straped to that 6.6 LOL American Muscle disappeared after the 70's. Unless you were a 5.0 fan in the late 80's and 90's with Vanella Nice. LOL

Last edited by Volunteer; Jul 6, 2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Nice Vid!!!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Well, how many cars was it? The video sure looked like 6-7 cars. Terry posted it was more like a bus length.

Why not post the video of Chris's EVO losing to the T/A from a dig and a slow roll?
Are you trying to say that he would not show a vid of me losing or something like that? You should get all the details from your coworker before you post or give a little more detail as to what happened instead of being that vague and making it something it's not because there was alot more to that T/A than you mentioned and some how I'm sure you knew more of the details of that night that you didn't mention esp if it's a coworkers friend.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KevPSR
oops..didn't realize the other link went down..

I put it back up on my server for now!
Again, I've offered a free web hosting alternative via PM and by replies in threads, but you have yet to respond...

Do you not run out of bandwidth or what?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolving-04
Are you trying to say that he would not show a vid of me losing or something like that? You should get all the details from your coworker before you post or give a little more detail as to what happened instead of being that vague and making it something it's not because there was alot more to that T/A than you mentioned and some how I'm sure you knew more of the details of that night that you didn't mention esp if it's a coworkers friend.
This is what happened from his side. The T/A has a built auto trans, stock block, gears, 150 wet shot, and a medium sized cam, exhaust etc. The car has run 10.70's@129mph. He beat 6 cars and the EVO was one of them. My friends car runs 10.50's@132mph with a similiar set up, but add heads and stock gears.

He said from a dig it was no contest and the T/A didn't spray until 45mph he was waiting to see what the EVO launched like. Chris or others wanted a roll race, so they went from 20mph and the EVO lost by 1-2 cars.

From a dig I doubt Chris would have won even if he was running 35psi, but from a roll I'm sure he would have won.

By the way my bud has PM'd Chris and Kevin and said he would go to Pensacola and race him for fun from a roll as long as Chris would race from a dig too...just for fun and the video's.

Evolving, if you are Chris how accurate was my side? Since I wasn't there, obviously, I'm just going by what I was told.

Last edited by Jasil; Jul 6, 2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

He beat 6 cars and the EVO was one of them.
In the post the TA guy made on a LS1 board, he said he only ran the EVO and one of my friends Camaros...so I'm not sure where the other 4 cars came from haha. But most of the fast cars were out of town, so I guess he chose a good weekend to come over.

He said from a dig it was no contest and the T/A didn't spray until 45mph he was waiting to see what the EVO launched like. Chris or others wanted a roll race, so they went from 20mph and the EVO lost by 1-2 cars.
I heard totally differen't then that. A quote form a person that was there: On the stop race, when they went by the TA was maybe a car ahead. Then on the low roll race, the EVO was at the TA's mirror and possibly coming up, then TA jammed on it's breaks(due to the short road). But on the road they raced on, it's mayyyybe a 1/5 mile long with minimal shut down area, so it's actually really ****ty spot to race on. All that information coming from someone that was standing next to the end of the race spot. Not too shabby for a lil 450hp 4-door.

By the way my bud has PM'd Chris and Kevin and said he would go to Pensacola and race him for fun from a roll as long as Chris would race from a dig too...just for fun and the video's.
Who is that? I haven't gotten any PMs lately about someone wanting to run Chris. Is this the same guy telling you how the races went? I probably him..what's his name and what color is his car?
Evolving, if you are Chris how accurate was my side?
Yea that's Chris.

But in the end, it's all in fun..so if you feel the need to accuse me of hiding videos, want to discuss any offtopic stuff, or want to "get me back" for correcting you about the race with the Cobras...feel free to sign up on the local Pensacola board and we can chat on there, rather then corrupting a good thread such as this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KevPSR; Jul 7, 2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Again, I've offered a free web hosting alternative via PM and by replies in threads, but you have yet to respond...

Do you not run out of bandwidth or what?
My appologies, I've always got something goin on when I jump online and sometimes forget to reply to PMs and such. I guess I don't techniqually ever run out of bandwith as in the links would never go down, but once I go over 100gig(which occurs every month)..I start get over-charge fees.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

No problem Kevin and yeah definately not bad for a 450whp 4 door and no anymosity about the cobra race correction.

I do hope that Hurricane Dennis goes your way rather than here to New Orleans though...

Quick Reply: VIDEO: AMS EVO dyno pull