Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dash light question...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dash light question...

The three small gauges (engine temp, gas gauge, the "LANCER" gauge) - they all are supposed to light up at night with the headlights on, right? Mine aren't.

Where can I get bulbs (how many bulbs are there?) and what # bulb are the dash lights, so I can replace them....

Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership...but any auto parts store will do. How many miles on you car??? You might be able to get the dealership to warranty it for you.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

They don'treally light up. The lancer side is the dimmest of them three. If your concern is about the brightness, there's a way to make the overall dash brighter. Simply remove the cluster and on the back of the cluster you will see four blus plastic tabs that holds the bulbs. Remove the tabs by turning them counterclockwise and pull them out. Now, on the bulbs you will see a blue rubber caps/ condom on them. Simply remove the caps and reinstall it to the cluster. Trust me! you will like the results! The dash will still glow red, but much brighter!
Old Jun 15, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I did this a couple of months back in the 03, and they are indeed much brighter. However, I did have a very hard time taking the condoms off of the bulbs. Seems like they melted, and I was scraping them off, but there was some residue left, so I had decided to buy a few new ones. Those came off with no problem.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by quiksilverevo26
Dealership...but any auto parts store will do. How many miles on you car??? You might be able to get the dealership to warranty it for you.
I'm just done with my dealership. They are a bunch of idiots. I've already had a bad experience with them and my P0420 code. They didn't tell me what it was, what it meant, or how to fix it. They just told me it was because I had aftermarket exhaust and charged me $50 for the code scan. Yeah f*ck them.