Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do Not Buy From South Coast Mitsubishi!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Not Buy From South Coast Mitsubishi!!!!

whatever you do, do not buy a car from South Coast Mitsubishi. They are liars, cheats and once you drive off the lot, they don't give a s**t about you. I purchased my 05 Evo from them and financed it through a credit union that they put me through and was told that after contacting the credit union directly and setting up a direct payment withdrawl, that they credit union will discount the interest rate from 4.3% to 3.9%. This turned out to be completely false after speaking with the credit union. After going back to the sales manager "Camiar" (sp?) and discussing this with him, he pretty much told me that I'm S.O.L. and didn't care. In addition to his careless attitude towards my situation, he said there was nothing he would do for me and then brought up my trade saying that it needed new tires and that I didn't tell him it needed them and started throwing that at me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the reason they take your trade for 30 minutes to drive and thoroughly inspect the car? This was a petty attempt to turn the tables on me. This company obviously doesn't care about their customers after the sale is made. This is all after I had referred a friend to buy an Evo from them too just a few nights ago. Fortunately the credit union is going to correct the dealer's mistake and lower my interest rate anyways. According to the credit unions rep, they are not going to do business with South Coast Mitsubishi anymore because of the amount of business they get from them vs. the complaints they get about them. Sorry, I know this dealership has been the topic of many threads and has probably been beaten to death, but I had to share this experience and URGE all of you who do not currently own an Evo to NOT buy from them or take your car to get serviced there. Thanks for reading this.[/b]

I should've listened to all of you that told me to go to HB. I would've even paid more for the car just to deal with people that have integrity and who are honest. Mitsubishi is going to hear from me as well as the BBB.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor

that they credit union will discount the interest rate from 4.3% to 3.9%

you should have gotton that in writing..
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:30 PM

I know. My bad. After 3 hours of negotiating my trade and the price of the car, I just wanted out of there. I've bought and leased numerous cars and I've NEVER had a finance issue like this so that is the only guard that was not up. Stupid me. They will pay though for sure by loss of business.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yes; they are very dishonest and unethical. I find it hard to believe that even after telling people this; they just ignore the warning and go straight there. Of course dealerships are going to play the part of nice guy to get your business. South Coast Mitsubishi sucks the sack.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RSMV
I know. My bad. After 3 hours of negotiating my trade and the price of the car, I just wanted out of there. I've bought and leased numerous cars and I've NEVER had a finance issue like this so that is the only guard that was not up. Stupid me. They will pay though for sure by loss of business.
You should have left after the first hour. Go in at night, 90 minutes before they close, and also at the end of the month. They are tired at the end of a long day and are trying to meet the "end of month" quota
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
they have a hot lil asian female associate there... i go there jus to bs w/ her... she's fawkin hot
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ultraflip
they have a hot lil asian female associate there... i go there jus to bs w/ her... she's fawkin hot
dun worry cris one of these days youll make contact w/ the ball; gotta go up to bat before you can hit a homerun
Old Jun 16, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I had no idea that they had a bad rep. I was just about to do business with them, too.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:00 PM

yea i went to socalevo.net to look at what dealerships the people who view those forums recommend. they got nothing but crap to say bout South Coast Mitsu.

the place they recommended was HB Mitsu, which is where im gonna pick up mine. went down there, sales manager went thru hoops to give me the car, even was doin push ups on the ground lol. funny guy.

gotta go get it soon.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:13 PM

Yeah, dumb move on my part not to listen to everyone, regardless of the price. I had already been talking to those f****n idiots so I just kept moving forward with the deal. You live and learn I guess.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Similar thing happened to me too. Good thing I didn't buy mine from them.
I bought mine from HB Mitsu and they are mod friendly!
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:00 PM

sorry to hear that man.....i got mine there too back in May but went directly to the Fleet Manager and got invoice+200-500 loyalty before TTL....

btw finance manager was hot too

Last edited by verano; Jun 16, 2005 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Don't go to Long Beach Mitsu either, which is a sister dealership. Got ****ed by the dealer there, Allen Chou. Avoid him like the plague. He promised to fill my tank with gas (filled only halfway), promised to send a check for $15 to make up for it, did not after 3 months, promised me a second key, did not, promised to deliver my old car to my residence, did not, promised a shift knob at cost, did not, tried to get a refund for an accessory, did not until having to complain to the owner at South Coast (who owns Long Beach) which was 3 months later. On top of that, don't even touch Tustin Mitsu either. Anyone who go to these stealerships are dumb ****in nuts, can't read english, or just like to throw away money. Peace.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by verano
sorry to hear that man.....i got mine there too back in May but went directly to the Fleet Manager and got invoice+200-500 loyalty before TTL....

btw finance manager was hot too
Unfortunately for you and many others; when they tell you its 200 over invoice; its actually like 2000 over the actual invoice. South coast blows; anyway you want to look at it. They are dishonest and shady as hell.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Phew... I dodged a bullet with those punks. Almost bought a car from them, then called HB and got a great deal and great service.

I highly recommend HB.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy From South Coast Mitsubishi!!!!