Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Unbelievable! Sat in it!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2003, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Fireball, thanks for the info.
I'm 6 240lbs so it was good to here the seats felt good. I test drove a G35 coupe and the seats seemed to dig into my back.

How's the head room? Is there a compartment under the armrest? Do the seats have adjustable lumbar support? How was visablitiy of the instrament pannel? With the big tach is the speedometer still easy to see?

The dial up seats are a pain I'm sure, but it is much less an issue in a sedan then in a coupe.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

So how did it feel to look in the rearview mirror and see that bad *** wing there??!! Or the hood vents?? Or the front mount I/C..? Or the headlights?? Or the wicked brakes?? Or.... nevermind, I'm losing it.....
Old Feb 21, 2003, 08:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by SpeedHeals
Hey Fireball, thanks for the info.
I'm 6 240lbs so it was good to here the seats felt good. I test drove a G35 coupe and the seats seemed to dig into my back.

How's the head room? Is there a compartment under the armrest? Do the seats have adjustable lumbar support? How was visablitiy of the instrament pannel? With the big tach is the speedometer still easy to see?

The dial up seats are a pain I'm sure, but it is much less an issue in a sedan then in a coupe.
The headroom was great... there's tons of it. The seats seem to sit lower in the car than the standard Lancer. I had a good 3 inches to spare.

I didn't look under the armrest, but the way it was shaped, I'm pretty positive there's a storage compartment under it.

I didn't see any adjustable lumbar support. The seats had really no adjustments, other than the leaning and moving forward and back. They're meant to be sturdy seats, not necessarily for long driving comfort.

The instrument panel lights up very well. The guages seem very crisp and clear. I didn't notice any difficulty seeing the speedometer on the side.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Jonasan50
So how did it feel to look in the rearview mirror and see that bad *** wing there??!! Or the hood vents?? Or the front mount I/C..? Or the headlights?? Or the wicked brakes?? Or.... nevermind, I'm losing it.....
You wanna know something? I honestly didn't even notice the wing in the back hardly at all when I looked. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that it is black and it's not thick at all. Because it's shaped like an airfoil, there doesn't need to be a big attack angle on the wing, it can stay realitively flat. It wasn't an obstruction at all.

The hood vents can't be seen from the drivers seat. However, getting out and looking at them rocked. They're very big and you can see the engine through them.

The intercooler, oh dear lord.. it rocked. One thing I did notice in that area is the fact that there mounting backets preinstalled for the front license plate. This means, no drilling into the body to mount one!

The headlights rocked. They're the ultra-white almost blueish lights, and VERY bright. Only the low beams are this style. However, putting the low beams on and the fog lights just ROCKS! People across the room turned around when we did and were like "whoa".

The brakes are huge. Plain and simple. The red brembo calipers stick out big time. The wheels look awesome too, very, very smooth and precision feel.

I'm working down there Monday night. Anyone in the Milwaukee area who's going to the show should stop by then... I might be able to get you some special access.

If anyone has any pictures they want taken, let me know before then, I'll take them Monday night.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Some guy who was there and had a camera, took some pics for me. I just got them! Here they are:
Attached Thumbnails Unbelievable!  Sat in it!!-dscf0003.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm in it, you just can't see me with the A-Pillar in the way.
Attached Thumbnails Unbelievable!  Sat in it!!-dscf0004.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Last.
Attached Thumbnails Unbelievable!  Sat in it!!-dscf0006.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:32 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome, Look at the lights, still works in daylight
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fireball

You wanna know something? I honestly didn't even notice the wing in the back hardly at all when I looked. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that it is black and it's not thick at all. Because it's shaped like an airfoil, there doesn't need to be a big attack angle on the wing, it can stay realitively flat. It wasn't an obstruction at all.

The hood vents can't be seen from the drivers seat. However, getting out and looking at them rocked. They're very big and you can see the engine through them.

The intercooler, oh dear lord.. it rocked. One thing I did notice in that area is the fact that there mounting backets preinstalled for the front license plate. This means, no drilling into the body to mount one!

The headlights rocked. They're the ultra-white almost blueish lights, and VERY bright. Only the low beams are this style. However, putting the low beams on and the fog lights just ROCKS! People across the room turned around when we did and were like "whoa".

The brakes are huge. Plain and simple. The red brembo calipers stick out big time. The wheels look awesome too, very, very smooth and precision feel.

I'm working down there Monday night. Anyone in the Milwaukee area who's going to the show should stop by then... I might be able to get you some special access.

If anyone has any pictures they want taken, let me know before then, I'll take them Monday night.
Sounds really good, man... Gotta love HID/Xenon lights. After driving at night in our S4, I hate the halogen setup on my GTI.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

SAWEET!!! Super duper!!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 11:51 AM

A word of advice to anyone *not* wanting the front license plate mounted to the side: check with your dealer to see if it comes pre-mounted. The 97-99 Eclipse GSX and Talon TSI AWD often came with side mounted front plates. When I ordered mine, I specifically asked to have it mounted in the center using the factory mounting brackets. I made it very clear to the salesman that drilling holes in my bumper to mount it on the side was not acceptable. When the car arrived, I received a call to pick up my car and the first thing the dealer told me was "sorry, but your front plate was mounted off to the side before it was shipped".

For the Evo, it is probably slightly better to have the front plate mounted to the side so it doesn't obstruct the airflow through the intercooler. Because of this, I think a lot of Evo's will wind up with extra holes in their front bumpers.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

One thing I did notice in that area is the fact that there mounting backets preinstalled for the front license plate. This means, no drilling into the body to mount one!

< snip >

Where are the brackets exactly? What do they look like?

I think a picture of the brackets would be nice, that's something we haven't seen before.

(... thinking of other things we haven't seen a lot of pix of...)

Some high-quality under hood pictures.

A picture of the trunk area.

up close, straight-on shot of a wheel.

a shot of the tire tread

Old Feb 21, 2003, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

I bet this is the exact same yellow Evo that was on stage in the LA auto show, because that one has the "n" in the logo taken off too.

I don't understand why Mitsubishi don't let people sit in the Evo for all the other auto shows except the LA one. People get a much better feel of the car once they sit in it. But I for one was not too impressed with the interior when I sat in it. I'll definitly will do some upgrades for the dash, get a mp3 cd player, and some better speakers when I get my Evo.

Who knows, probably destroyed. The car at the Milwaukee show had obviously been at another show... someone tired to pry the Lancer Evolution logo off the back, but only managed to break the N off of it.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

That yellow one is making the rounds - my brother-in-law saw it at the Portland show as well (he remarked on the "Evolutio" badge )

Good info on the license plate brackets. I might even keep the front plate if it's mounted in the JDM style.

Seems odd that there'd be no height adjustment at all on the seat. I'm only 5'9", but as long as it moves back and forward I'll be okay - it's my legs which are too short
Old Feb 21, 2003, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by rollo
That yellow one is making the rounds - my brother-in-law saw it at the Portland show as well (he remarked on the "Evolutio" badge )
Must be the spanish version. The brand new Lancer Evolutio!

Quick Reply: Unbelievable! Sat in it!!