Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Helix Intercooler pipes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2005, 09:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helix Intercooler pipes

Hows the helix intercooler pipes? is it worth it getting it or should i spend the money on something else. Also, if i were to buy the hks BOV with the upper polished pipe after i installed the helix intercooler pipes, is it a direct swap with the helix upper intercooler pipe? any help will be appreciated, thanx
Old Jun 18, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to know as well
Old Jun 18, 2005, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mooshu1221
Hows the helix intercooler pipes? is it worth it getting it or should i spend the money on something else. Also, if i were to buy the hks BOV with the upper polished pipe after i installed the helix intercooler pipes, is it a direct swap with the helix upper intercooler pipe? any help will be appreciated, thanx
I dont think the HKS bov will fit the Helix UICP, unless it has a flange on it but it would be pointless to get the Helix pipe kit and have the HKS bov pipe kit? I dont think its worth spending close to 400 bucks just for the piping on a stock FMIC. Save up some money and get a bigger FMIC which comes with LICP. I think it depends on what your planning to do with your car in the future. You might end up spending more money if you buy wrong/unecessary parts now.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek888
I dont think the HKS bov will fit the Helix UICP, unless it has a flange on it but it would be pointless to get the Helix pipe kit and have the HKS bov pipe kit? I dont think its worth spending close to 400 bucks just for the piping on a stock FMIC. Save up some money and get a bigger FMIC which comes with LICP. I think it depends on what your planning to do with your car in the future. You might end up spending more money if you buy wrong/unecessary parts now.
You can get the Helix intercooler pipes from Gruppe-s for $349 shipped and not $400 but I do agree with you about upgrading the intercooler. If you arev going to spend $400 for pipes you are more than half way in for a bigger intercooler(Turbo Xs have their for $599) check logicperformance.com, lancershop.com or evostore.com.

I am ordering a set of limited edition Helix(they are black on black with black couplings and black hardware), I am not planning on upgrading the intercooler anytime soon because I think the stock intercooler works very well with the stock turbo.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys,

The Helix ic pipings are def a great addition to your Evo however, don't expect major gain from the pipings but it will help you spool up faster and the boost will hit harder.

Thanks,
Tom
Gruppes
510-783-5300
Old Jun 18, 2005, 04:08 PM
Account Disabled

Hey Tom, how much u selling the intercooler pipe for?
Old Jun 18, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

i have the helix kit..and the ssqv. i just took the stock bov piping(black stuff) and cut it(i know i know)to about 4in long..the helix has the flange welded onto it(on the bottom) for the stock bov, i just hooked up the ssqv there. I was thinking aobut getting it welded on..but decided not to my .02
Old Jun 19, 2005, 03:38 PM
Account Disabled

the turboxs intercooler doesnt come with the lower intercooler piping thou right?
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The turbo XS IC comes with no pipings if I remember correctly. The only one that I know that come with the lower piping is the Greddy R and S-spec.

Also...I will give you guys a special pricing if you call me this week!!! I can't tell advistise it tho so you will have to call.

Thanks,
Tom
Gruppes
510-783-5300
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mooshu1221
the turboxs intercooler doesnt come with the lower intercooler piping thou right?
nope, but it is quite a monster..pretty big. i have the helix ic piping with the XS fmic, and with the combo had to mix and match the couplings. the helix comes with bent elbows couplings(made for stock i/c that the inlet and outlet are at an angle) and the xs fmic comes with striaght coupling(since the inlet and outlet on this i/c are straight) but its a blingin combo..too bad you dont see the lower i/c pipes. But im running without my bumper on anyway ha