Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Egt Probe Help ***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egt Probe Help ***

I need to put my egt probe in i got the xs headers and i wanna tap my downpipe to put it in where can i find a tap to thread the hole?? Its a metric 10x1.0 any ideas???
Old Jun 18, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

my egt probe was 1/8 NPT. I bought a pipe thread tap at sears. NPT I beleive is 27 and BSPT is 28. Let me tell you it was not fun tapping the manifold, but I did it.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
my egt probe was 1/8 NPT. I bought a pipe thread tap at sears. NPT I beleive is 27 and BSPT is 28. Let me tell you it was not fun tapping the manifold, but I did it.

whats npt?? and bspt??

Mine is from autometer
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jun 18, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

NPT stands for National Pipe Thread - It is a tappered thread to seal pipes. BSPT stands for British Standard Pipe Thread - Also tappered to seal pipes. I think all autometer ones are NPT. Re-read the autometer specs (My Defi D gaues said what size the thread was - 1/8 NPT) and it should tell you exactly what you need. If you can't find anything else, buy a 1/8 NPT die and 1/8 BSPT die and see which one fits on your probe. They are very similar threads, but don't force any one on there or you will damage threads. This should tell you exactly which tap to tap your dp with. PM me if you need any additional help, I'd be glad to help you help.