Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who needs cams anyway? Alcohol kit results on stock cams MR!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that these systems have been around for quite a long time shows their durability of the fuel pump,it is just new to the evo community,thats all.When using any so called power enhancers,there will always be a What if scenario and what will preven it from happening.The alcohol system is dependant on user precautions,but nothing is perfect and anything can fail in due time.The scenario's I posted above are just some examples that even with precautions there is always going to be a failure,weather mechanical or human error,that is all.No system design is perfect,even ones that have been around for a long time.What-if's are what the whole science world is based on.What-if I were to get into a frontal collision and my methanol jug/sprayer bottle broke and there was a fire,could you see it,No,would you suffer burns from it,Yes,should you base your desicion on buying kit or not due to this,depends on person.I will let you know when my engine blows up due to these saftery problems not in system,but I am sure you will be waiting a long/long time for that post.I personally know of alot more people who blew *hit up from using NOS than from Alcohol injection as I have not heard of anyone blowing up using alcohol yet and the Buick G/N's have been using it for years and years.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by turboDan
The fact that these systems have been around for quite a long time shows their durability of the fuel pump,it is just new to the evo community,thats all.When using any so called power enhancers,there will always be a What if scenario and what will preven it from happening.The alcohol system is dependant on user precautions,but nothing is perfect and anything can fail in due time.The scenario's I posted above are just some examples that even with precautions there is always going to be a failure,weather mechanical or human error,that is all.No system design is perfect,even ones that have been around for a long time.What-if's are what the whole science world is based on.What-if I were to get into a frontal collision and my methanol jug/sprayer bottle broke and there was a fire,could you see it,No,would you suffer burns from it,Yes,should you base your desicion on buying kit or not due to this,depends on person.I will let you know when my engine blows up due to these saftery problems not in system,but I am sure you will be waiting a long/long time for that post.I personally know of alot more people who blew *hit up from using NOS than from Alcohol injection as I have not heard of anyone blowing up using alcohol yet and the Buick G/N's have been using it for years and years.

Just as a funny tail - a couple weeks ago when I was finshing my new turbo kit and trying to do some base line tunin on the dyno - by car seemed oddly lean.

After a while, I started to think about checking the alcohol system and was pushing the test buttom

The yellow or amber light did not illuminate

I kept pusing it and pushing it to see if there was an effect on the a.f gauge - NONE

Stepped out of the car and there was a giant puddle of methanol on the floor of the dyno

Seems I forgot to hook up the main alcohol line to the intercooler pipe - it was in the fender well shooting out alchol all over the hot exhuast manifold

My point is that this stuff is not as volitile as many people assume. Without a goos spark it does not combust that readily.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Dynoflash, is there anything in the BR kit or your tune that will keep engine damage from occuring if the pump fails?