Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Writing a complaint letter to Mitsubishi - re: dealer price gouging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2003, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you think that when the sti's release date gets closer that the subie dealers will do the same?? They are both hot cars, and IMO the sti will end up being the same problem for you as the evo was in regards to OVER MSRP. Just my .02$
As an employee of a Subaru dealership, I can tell you, at least at our dealership, the STi's are on a first come, first serve basis, all at MSRP. To be totally honest, the last time we sold a car for full sticker was when the WRX was first introduced, at that only lasted the first few months. It's not very often we get full sticker for a car, so getting full sticker for an STi is almost a bonus for us. Not to mention, no matter what Subaru of America is saying right now, if somone has 30G's to give them for a car, they'll get that person the car. They might be tough to get for a while, but not impossible.

But, IMHO, I think the Evo has been much more anticipated in this country then the STi simply because Mitsu already has such a huge following in the performance crowd compared to Subaru. The Lancer I would think will be in much more demand, but still, charging insane mark-ups over sticker is greedy in my opinion and it really sucks for the consumer. Maybe, as Al said, if enough people tell these dealers to **** up a rope, they will get the idea.

So if any of you get sick of waiting for your Evo at a good price, let me know and I'll sell you a WRX STi for sticker j/k

Congrats to all of you getting the EVO. I've been a fan since around the Evo III(big rally fan-the IV is still my favorite) and I am as excited as anyone to see it's finally coming over. My GVR4 was the only non-Subaru I ever owned, and I continue to kick myself for selling it. Best of luck with them.

-Matt
W&L Subaru
Proud sponsor of the East Coast Subaru Shootout
Old Mar 1, 2003, 11:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally posted by WIdealer

What...You are obviously not a true fan of this car...fi so you would know that: The Evo is built on a different line than the Lancer, it looks different that a lancer because it is many herer could go on and on I wont bore you..................but when-no if you ever sit behind the unique Momo streering wheel looking at the unique Evo gages in the recarros looking out the 10%lightened glass with more than a unique engine. You are just ignorant Lets see that evo brings so much more bang for the buck than a Porsche, Humm I could have an Evo for the track and one for everyday for what the Porsche would cost.
Your opinion is welcome and as you mature you will also learn to argue you point without calling another person names. Until then, argue with yourself.

Speedlimit...
Old Mar 2, 2003, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

It's called supply and demand. There will be someone willing to pay top dollars while lesser buyers fall to the wayside.

Remember the reintroduction of the beetle. It was a selling frenzy at the dealer's lot.
Old Mar 2, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

It's called "daylight robbery"
Old Apr 17, 2023, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Alfriedesq
I also got the WRX the week it was released and paid a fair MSRP and I did my financing through the dealer - - it was very upsetting to see that there were guys geting the cars at $500.00 and $1,000.00 over DEALER invoice a couple of weeks later (that extra $$$ I could have saved shopping around and waiting a few more weeks would have been better spent on mods and dyno time than making some millionaire dealer's retirement portfolio even fatter)

Within 2 months they had WRX's sitting all over the place

As someone who lived through the whole hype thing with the WRX - - I relaize you just have to keep your head and stay calm and rational - - this car is going to be very costly on insurance which will turn off a lot of buyers and a lot of buyers need something in an automatic for thier wife to drive - - - also with the STI comming out - the RX8 and the 350 Z and others already here the market place is going to be a bit tight

We are on the verege of WAR - the economy sucks and unemployment is at record highs - - the timing is not exactly right to be dragging consumers through the mud

In this case - I say DON'T just go along with this practice - a lot of guys are posting here that basically - "this is the way it is" etc . WELL it doesn't have to be that way if WE refuse to pay the inflated prices - - I don't know what - if anything is going to do about this - (probably nothing) - but if only 10 or 20 guys here refuse to pay over MSRP - no matter what - even if it means not getting the car for a few more weeks or taking a plane ride to pick it up - - well that may help drive down the demand enough to help the situtation

My advice to anyone trying to buy one of these - - print out the threads on this board about the dealers who are charging MSRP and take that to your dealer - tell them you won't be taken advantage of - tell them you are local and will do business with them again in the future - - if that doesn't presuade them - well then just walk elsewhere and wait till they are giving the car away at cost sometime in August
As someone who was applying for permanent residency in a new country, I knew that my personal statement could play a big role in my application. I needed to convince the immigration authorities that I would be a valuable member of society and that I deserved to stay in the country. After doing some research, I decided to order a personal statement online to help me make my case. I found a website https://residencypersonalstatements.net/ that specialized in personal statements for immigration applications and submitted my request. The website asked for details about my background, education, work experience, and my reasons for wanting to stay in the country. I also had to provide a brief description of myself and my family.
Those who just can't accept the feeling of beeing cheated and held up in this manner will not let it happen just like me - - not becuase the $$$ matters that much - its just the principles of fairness and respect
respect for you!