Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HID's on Evo8 *appearance* ??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2003, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HID's on Evo8 *appearance* ??

Whassup everybody....i've searched to see if this was talked about....and i oculdnt find any results, so I'm going to ask. Ok. As for for the HID's on the Evo8...when i saw them at the LA Auto Show, they appeared to me as if they gave off a stock "yellow" look. Now, i could have sworn that all HID headlights were the ones that were either bright *** phatty white, bluish (like bmw), or purplish. So basically what i'm asking is, is the actual light going to be like bluish? or is it going to be just like a normal yellow look? Cuz that sucks lol. I wnat some phat *** lookin blue/purple lookin HID lights.

P.S. Please dont make me look stupid if i made a fool of my self, I honestly don't have any clue, so plz just reply if u have any knowledge and not if you're gonna be a punk and diss on me, thanks !
Old Feb 22, 2003, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

was it bright inside? during daytime any light will almost seem yellowish..or not to it's color at night time...but i know with hid's the appearance of the light sometimes looks different at different angles..so that might of been it...or maybe that car just had bulbs in instead of hid's
Old Feb 22, 2003, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

if it's ion hid it would be phat

these ownz the blue /purple hid you want
Old Feb 22, 2003, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Well on the thread that was made by RT in Pre-arrival.. He started a thread that said "I sat in one".. Something like that.. Well he posted pictures of it and he states that the lights were so brilliant white that they almost looked blue... So there ya go... Go check out the pics in that forum...
Old Feb 22, 2003, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well, if you want to change the HID bulbs im sure you can change the brand most brands have different looks. If you want the BMW bulbs you can get the Osram Xenarc D2S bulbs. For projector beams setups, it's the projector itself that determines the color output of the bulb. Notice how audi's change color as they drive by and bmw's stay pretty pruple. Audi's and VW use Valeo projectors.....BMW's use the same Xenarc bulbs i believe but they have Hella projectors. If you want to go even bluer, you can switch to 6000K Philips Ultinon bulbs. www.autolamps-online.com is a great HID resource.

Rob
Old Feb 22, 2003, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

man if you want super duper blue get the 10k ultra hid these will kill the driver infront of ya
Old Feb 22, 2003, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

The BMW ones are blue when you first turn them on but after they warm up they're more white than blue...
Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

i will get one pretty soon and i will let u guys know how it looks!
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

well..i keep seeing the audi hid's and they can have that yellow-ish look at certain angles. what i've noticed is that they can look purple, white, blue, and amber(depending on what angle the light is shining towards you), so that may have just been the thing...but i could be wrong
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

i like the acura HID they look very sweet...anyone know what brand they are?
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tureno-AE86
man if you want super duper blue get the 10k ultra hid these will kill the driver infront of ya

Does anything like this exist, I tought the brightest is 6K only. If you guys have info on such a bulbs just post the name of the company or put a link
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mikenuts86
i like the acura HID they look very sweet...anyone know what brand they are?
Acura's use Philips D2R bulbs with a stanley ballast. Some models have the igniter and the ballast separate while some have an all in one ballast.

Rob
Old Feb 24, 2003, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Bexa20

Does anything like this exist, I tought the brightest is 6K only. If you guys have info on such a bulbs just post the name of the company or put a link
The kevlin number has more to do with color than brightness. The higher you go the bluer it gets. Some of the Korean HID "kits" advertise 7000K, 9000K etc. In my opinion, anything above 5300K - 6000K (depending on projection) looks too blue.....like one of those aftermarket superwhite bulbs gone on steroids. Stick with brands that are street legal and oem like osram xenarc, philips, etc.....all are at or under 6000K. However, 6000K is illegal on road use still.

Rob
Old Feb 24, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the color temperature has nothing to do with brightness. Bluer lights can even degrade your ability to see things in bad weather. I've had a Panasonic HID kit (4500K) in my car for 19 months, and it's one of the most valuable mods I've done. Once you drive a car with HIDs, you don't want to go back. If I was buying a kit, I wouldn't go above 6000K.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

got my IPF Xtec 7000k HID installed...hella nice!!
Attached Thumbnails HID's on Evo8 *appearance* ??-hid_2.jpg