Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Help! Stalling Issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005 | 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
One more thing. When you say connect the intake port into the intake, not sure I'm following. The reason I say this is that the top port on the BOV is connected back to the engine, and the lower tube is open. Where do I connect the lower tube to? (No more places to connect.
I'd have to see a pic to know for sure, but the BOV should have 2 large ports and one nipple. The port with the valve/piston should be connected to the upper IC pipe or a hose going to the upper IC pipe. The nipple should have a vaccuum hose going to the intake manifold. The other large port should point down and connect back into the same slot in the MAF pipe/hose that the stock BOV connected to. That is, unless the Greddy is designed differently, but all the BOVs I've installed/seen so far had the same design and connected the same way.
Old Jun 23, 2005 | 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

single spring mod do it!!!!!!!!!...i had a greddy type s w/o the spring mod and i stalled a couple of times. search forum on how to do the spring mod it so easy.
Old Jun 23, 2005 | 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

One more thing. When you say connect the intake port into the intake, not sure I'm following. The reason I say this is that the top port on the BOV is connected back to the engine, and the lower tube is open. Where do I connect the lower tube to? (No more places to connect.
post a couple pics of your bov installed please, and we'll try to point the area out.
Old Jun 23, 2005 | 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

I just performed the single spring mod on the greddy bov. I'm going to see if this works but right now, it's one in the morning so I'll try tomorrow. Thanks for all the information. If this doesn't work, I'm going to install the stock bov back on. This should take care of it.

Special thanks to GOKOU if the single spring mod works!!
Old Jun 24, 2005 | 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

It Worked!!!!

Thanks for all the feedback on this issue. Last night I performed the single spring mod on my BOV and make sure all the hoses were tight.

This morning I got up and drove the car down the road a few times and it's running like new! No more fluttering and no more stall issues. The BOV hardly makes any noise now but that's better than a car not making any noise because it's stalling.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 24, 2005 | 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

No. Actually, I was a dummy and just wanted it for the noise. I didn't think I'd take my car past 20psi anyway. I just had the "Stage 2" package intalled at Buschur Racing and I think I'm done. Hell, I'm 32 with a wife and kids. I get the funniest looks driving down the road. Doesn't bother me though, I love this crap and don't care what anyone else thinks.

How did you get the Greddy BOV onto the Buschur Upper Intercooler Pipe? Did they make a custom flange or did you drill holes on the flange that comes with the pipe (built for the 1G DSM BOV)?
Old Jun 24, 2005 | 08:03 AM

Do you have the Greddy Type S or the RS bov?

Last edited by ShawnJohnPSI; Jun 24, 2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2005 | 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

glad things went okay. I'm in the process of changing out bov too. The turbo xs rfl although great it causes the car to stall a lot.

I don't see why the greddy will not bolt onto a 1g bov flange. If this is not the case please let us know.
Old Jun 24, 2005 | 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

I have the type S.

Buschur Installed the BOV on the upper intercooler pipe so they had all the flanges/clamps there. It was easy to get off and perform the single spring mod, and easy to get back on. I think it took me about 10 minutes. Would have been quicker but I droped one of the alan nuts into the bottom of the engine! Damn that was hard to get out. Oh, I didn't take off the lines that were attached so I didn't have to reclamp lines.