Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leasing a 2005 Evo??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He said evo already comes with upgrades so I think "racing" is his main purpose. But for your first car get a wrx or srt-4 they have great powers. Teenagers should start with a car like CRX Si (with b16), Civic Si hatchback (with b18), Cellica, Prelude, Focus, Scion, Integra, 240sx (with R32 RB26DETT 2.6L), OR 360 Modena, F430, Murcielago, Gallardo, Viper, Vette, GT40, etc. sigh.. My first car was Geo Metro 3 door with short ram intake and very loud exhaust (complete set up). Plus a homemade wooden spoiler and 8 ball (billiard ball) shift knob. Oh yeah customed shift boot (my used black underwear).
Old Jun 26, 2005, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

im getting an evo 9 as a first car this year, so ill be 17 when i do get it.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

well your dad doesn't want to buy you a used car is prolly for your own safety my paretns didnt' let me drive until 18 so i say you are already lucky enuf and as for leasing i would do it on a rice car like "MOST" honda on the market not an evo. or if you can convince your dad have him take care the loan and down payment for you and take onver the monthly fees
Old Jun 26, 2005, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for 700 bucks a month, i'd lease a corvette! or a viper!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

My beginner car is/was the CRV. Stick. It's stock. I learned precision controls and manual all in one car. Don't mind the sn. lol I just like the motor sport. I'm not stupid. Lol anyway my second car is the Evo9 later this year. ;p And it'll be taken care of. I'm gonan be in college so it's stayin at home with my parents which are the safest people in the world (over me).

Fast & Safe isn't an oxymoron. I've seen slow and dangerous before.

And for 710 a month you might as well buy...
Old Jun 26, 2005, 03:25 AM

man do want you want, you only live once, if you can get your hands on evo then get it.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

my question is where in the hell are you younger guys getting all this money. i am not old by any means i am 21 in the military. when i was 16,17 i was driving my MOMS dodge intrepid peace of ****. man i wish my parents were rich. on that note what are the parents thinking a turbo charged car should not be someones first car let alone the EVO, not saying that young guys dont know how to drive. my bro friend (17 years old) drove my evo better than i can. it comes down to insurance ( corect me if i am wrong the evo is a "high powered machine" from my insurance company the same class as a porshe...) sorry i know i am only hitting up on what some other people were saying all i know is where was my evo at 17...lol
Old Jun 26, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Devbo
my question is where in the hell are you younger guys getting all this money. i am not old by any means i am 21 in the military. when i was 16,17 i was driving my MOMS dodge intrepid peace of ****. man i wish my parents were rich. on that note what are the parents thinking a turbo charged car should not be someones first car let alone the EVO, not saying that young guys dont know how to drive. my bro friend (17 years old) drove my evo better than i can. it comes down to insurance ( corect me if i am wrong the evo is a "high powered machine" from my insurance company the same class as a porshe...) sorry i know i am only hitting up on what some other people were saying all i know is where was my evo at 17...lol
I made a bet with my parents bout college; to answer ur question.

As for your Evo. Maybe it wasn't you looking for one when you were 17 (plus the fact that when you were 17 the Evos were "USDM Evo?? No no no....They don't get."); Twas the Evo that was looking for you. Deep huh? lol
Old Jun 26, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

lol look at his profile, its obivous his parents are rolling in the dough. let him get what he wants. if he dies or kills someone else cause he is inmautre then that is his loss, and hopefully his parents wont spoil the othe rkids too much.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

The young driver vs. older driver debate has happened too many times to count. OK, us "old" guys can admit there are skilled, responsible drivers under the age of 21, and many may be members of this forum, but for each one of them, there are 100 that do things that can cause this:

Girl, 14, Dies In Multi-Car Crash
A 14-year-old girl died and a 16-year-old boy was critically injured Monday in a multi-car accident in Woburn, Mass.

NewsCenter 5's Sonya Pfeiffer reported that witnesses say the driver, who just got his license this weekend, was weaving in and out of traffic before the crash that killed his young passenger.

Officials said that alcohol may have been involved. Police found a bottle of an alcoholic beverage in one of the cars. Three cars were full of teenagers, none was older then 16, and the fourth car was driven by a pregnant 30-year-old woman.

"We have very young, inexperienced drivers. They are all 16 years of age. They do foolish things. They don't have the time or the age-issues. They don't have that ability to realize that life can end right now," Woburn Police Department Chief Phil Mahoney said.

The accident remained under investigation. The victims' names were not released.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_WCVB/2796569
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

I would say if you'r parents are willing to pay and can afford the Evo then go for it, however i do think if you are responsible for making $710 a month you're highschool years arent worth working! Have fun and get as much ars as ya can cause it goes by way to fast to be working for a car!
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

i new car for your first car is going to be a BIG mistake, you can ask any of the older fellas driving evos now. i have had many mishaps when i first started driving. it would be best for you to buy Yourself a used car. especially manual if you dont know how to drive it and learn you way with it. after that get a new evo and just have some fun.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does any rich parents out there want to adopt me ? i can spend your money just as good as your kids do !
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

im 16 and i dont drive an evo YET... but i plan to. my friend has an evo.... hes lucky cause hes rich other than that he wuold be driving a car worse than mine.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

besides.. it also depends how the kid is.... if its a good student i think they deserve a new car. i mean i know i do... but im looking towards a scion tc... something like that.. cause an evo know!!! ROFL my parents would have to sacrafice their lives for insurance+payments.